X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost (black) soap nozzle for ExCell VR2800

I have a pressure washing job tomorrow and I lost the soap valve... I'm low on cash and nobody sells individual nozzles around here. Is there a possibility I can drill a larger hole in one of the other nozzles to resemble the soap nozzle? Looks like the the black nozzle has a larger hole which enables the chemical hose to suck the solution. Any thoughts of any kind. The chemical solution won't suck up the hose with a high pressure nozzle.
    Thanks,
    Chet

Re: Lost (black) soap nozzle for ExCell VR2800

I believe you are correct, should be simple enough but you would be losing the use of a high pressure nozzle. Why not wait until you can buy another whole set?

Comment

I have to use it tomorrow to pressure wash and stain a fence. Only problem.. Not sure what size drill bit to use as I don't have the nozzle. I guess I will have to experiment.
      Chet

Comment

Originally posted by chet33 View Post
        I have to use it tomorrow to pressure wash and stain a fence. Only problem.. Not sure what size drill bit to use as I don't have the nozzle. I guess I will have to experiment.
        Chet
        Chet, I just checked my nozzles and unlike the high pressure ones the opening on the black one is oval shaped. The largest drill bit that would fit was 1/8 inch. Try to drill one out with the 1/8 inch bit and see if it will draw the soap. I think it will work and if it doesn't draw enough you can try and work the bit side to side. Good Luck.Frank.

Comment

Just an idea but how bad would it be to use a car or truck wash brush with a broom type handle and a bucket for detergent application and then blast it clean with clear water using your pressure washer? Call me crazy but I'm not into spraying $$$ chemicals all over the place and making a mess.

I've drilled out old pressure washer nozzles. If you have a good split point cobalt twist drill bit it goes pretty easy. The good nozzles are hard stainless steel and normally will be too much for basic high speed drill bits but give it a try. The worst case is you'll wreck the drill bit and not get the hole you need.

By the way you may want to check out the web site for Northern Tool as they sell replacement nozzles for pressure washers both by the piece and as kits.

www.northerntool.com

Comment

Thanks for the great suggestions! Ok I drilled 1/8 inch oval hole into the red 0 deg. nozzle. When I gave it a try it looked like there was no suction at all. Do you think the diameter (depth) inside the nozzle could be causing the problem? I think I might just have to wait and order nozzle online. Any thoughts?

Comment

I checked my nozzles and the inside diameter seems to be the same, only the opening is different. Since you already made the hole, why not drill it a little bigger?

Comment

Ok I will give it a shot. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X