Miter saw ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miter saw ?

I am going to be purchasing a new miter saw in the next week and was wondering if any one had any advice on which one to buy? I am going to get a 12" duel bevel sliding model. Just would like a general idea on which brand most of you prefer 700 bucks is a pretty good chunk of change to just decide on the spur of a momment. I am leaning toward the Milwaukee so far but my mind is not totally made up.
    I was also wondering if Milwaukee makes a stand for there miter saws?
    Thankyou.

Re: Miter saw ?

I have the Milwaukee and love it. One of the reasons I bought it was the price. Home Depot had it marked down from $699 to $499. The digital guage is also nice. I haven't used the other brands, so I can't comment on them.

Ridgid makes the best stand for these saws. I put mine on one and it works fine. It's perfect for moving around the jobsite.

Comment

I went with a Ridgid 10" dual compound miter saw, it didn't have a slide, but I got it for $199 so the price certainly was right. I did like the look of the Milwaukee ones when browsing. Makita seemed pretty solid as well and priced about the same as Milwaukee. As for stands, if Milwaukee does make one, it will probably be really expensive. Most universal type stands should be able to mount the saw. Since I do all my work in the garage, I just drilled holes in an old work table and mounted it with bolts.

Comment

I bought a Ridgid 12" sliding miter saw when it was on sale last fall. I've used sliders by DeWalt, Milwaukee, and Hitachi in the past. Ridgid is by far my favorite. I cut through 4"x4"s and 2"x12"s like butter. Nice and straight right out of the box, and the sliders are smooth.

You can't go wrong with the life time service warranty either, but I don't see this saw ever failing. In the end, it came down to price. I picked up my saw for $349.00 on sale. I think they are $549.00 regular. But regardless I would happily pay full price to buy this saw again.

Comment

I have the Bosch 4410, 10" SCMS. It's fantastic. I can't imagine the 12" version, which looks to be a big-brother-size clone, and is described as "veneral" isn't also fantastic.

Realistically, though. Do you need the extra capacity of a 12" slider vs. a 10" slider? The best I could find for the 12" Milwaukee was 13 1/4" for a 90-degree cross-cut. The capacity of the 4410 is 12 3/4". Lotta green for 1/2" extra.

ok ok.. it has some cool features, too. The lack of a safety on the Milwaukee surprised me, but maybe other people think that's a good idea.

Whichever you get, try to find an old-version of the Ridgid MSUV. It's phenomenal for attaching any SCMS, or any portable "stationary" tool.

Comment

I do a lot of small jobs. This means I load and unload all the time. I have to be very, very portable but also need precision. The setup that has worked for me has been:
            -Bosch 10" tablesaw with folding stand.
            -Hitachi C10FSH
            -Trojan Workstation

Why not the 12" saw? Easy: same blades for the tablesaw. No need to carry different sets of blades and spares. Why Hitachi? Belt drive, sliding compound, oldest in business, very precise, light weight. Why Bosch? Weight, precision, torque limiting motor, cord wrap, stand, outfeed tables, simple. Trojan? Extremely portable and strong, clamps to any length 2x6 or 2xbigger, folds down to nothing.

I bought this setup about 5 years ago and still think I made a wise choice. Whole houses of mouldings, decks, fences, doors kitchens, baths, etc, etc.. Sometimes I've wished for a slightly larger saw, but not often. About 3 years ago I added a portable router, router table, outfeed rollers, and DeWalt heavy duty planer. Whatever you want I can basically make it to match right there. Good stuff.

Comment

I Saw there is a discount on HITACHI C10xxx somewhere . You can considered
              rockwell sonicraft |rockwell sonicrafter|fein fmm blade |power tool|Fein top|tools

Comment

Working...
              X