X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever tried a Hackzall?

Has anyone on here ever actually tried out a Milwaukee Cordless Hackzall model 2420-20 or 2420-22 yet? This is their small compact and light weight M12 series reciprocating saw. For tuff jobs I'm sure it's no match for a corded Sawzall, but I bet it's handy for lighter work and especially where being compact helps. If you have one or have tried one out, please comment on it. Thanks

Please note both models are the same tool. One is just the tool and the other is the kit with charger and batteries.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/Product...ordless+System
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Woussko; 06-15-2009, 04:10 PM.

Re: Have you ever tried a Hackzall?

Can't comment on the milwaukee, but I picked up the ridgid 4 piece 18 volt kit they have now at HD, the one with the one handed recip saw. Seems like kinda the same concept. I really like it! I find plenty of jobs for it. It doesn't have the balls of a bigger saw, but its great for smaller stuff and one handed operation.

Comment

just bought 1 a couple weeks ago at the trade show.

paid 159

threw in a 3rd. battery and a coupon for a free 12 volt impact driver.

so now what do i do with my cordless hatchet joey bought me 8 years ago when they first came out? or my cordless dewalt?

or my 12+ sawzalls that i'm collecting.

1 day there will be a mother of all sales and joey will be happy

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

No but now I want one.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

I think it would be very handy to have for lighter work and especially for the tight jobs where a full size SAWZALL is just too bid. Think of the difference working on a ladder with this VS a corded Sawzall

Don't forget this special deal. If you buy any M12 series kit, you can send in for a free bare tool. Details are on this .PDF form. Be sure to read it carefully and think it over some. You want to end up with the best deal you can for yourself and your needs.
          http://www.milwaukeetool.com/Attachm...e%20Tool-_-M12
          Last edited by Woussko; 06-15-2009, 11:44 PM.

Comment

The hackzall is a great tool for a service plumber. Perfect for tight spots .It's a little smaller than ridgids new mini sawzall, which is why I chose it. Well designed/made tool.

Comment

Absolutely love mine. Awesome for field cutting PVC for electrical and water. Not heavy duty, but who needs heavy duty for PVC? Not too hot for solar roof rails. Aluminum is too thick. That's where the DeWalt 18V blasts away on the roof. Super duper good for light little stuff. Keep mine charged and handy. Just used it today to cut the nails on a j-box to pull it out of the wall. Great for that kind of stuff. Paid $139 on fleabay free shipping.

Comment

When the going gets tuff and you need cordless, get the tuff "Work Blaster" cordless Sawzall and get the job done. No messing around unless you're with Team Red. See picture...
                More info: http://www.milwaukeetool.com/Product...a+V28%E2%84%A2
                Attached Files

Comment

Hey Josh , any chance Ridgid will come out with a similar tool in their 12 volt lineup?

Comment

actually used my new saw yesterday in a tight kitchen cabinet to enlarge the opening for a soap dispenser.

needed to cut 5/8'' melamine particle board and also make 1 plunge cut

did a great job in a tight spot

go ahead i know it's not a straight cut but then again you cant see it from my house

rick.

plunge cutting in a tight spot.

Attached Files
                    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-20-2009, 02:26 AM.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

I have a lot of 18v Ridgid tools and I really want a one handed cordless recip, but i couldn't find it by itself at home depot. I dont want to buy the milwaukee one becasue i already own the Ridgid batteries. Anyone know where I can get one?

Comment

Originally posted by SammyD555 View Post
                        I have a lot of 18v Ridgid tools and I really want a one handed cordless recip, but i couldn't find it by itself at home depot. I dont want to buy the milwaukee one becasue i already own the Ridgid batteries. Anyone know where I can get one?
                        ebay is currently your only shot at that tool by itself

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                          ebay is currently your only shot at that tool by itself
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/Ridgid-18-Volt-1...3%3A1|294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ridgid-18-Volt-1...3%3A2|294%3A50
                          Last edited by rofl; 07-08-2009, 02:47 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure if that ones in the plans. I'll forward this off to ProBrand to answer.

Comment

I don't know how those stand alone tools get on eBay. I do know that we don't currently offer it as a separate tool. I am sure it will show up in promotional combo kits, but there is not a solution for the tool by itself in the short term. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Working...
                              X