X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else added on to their ts4511?

I just pushed the steel crate into the shop, and have to leave it until tomorrow for set up. Anyone have some photos of outfeed tables, extension tables or router tables to keep me busy tonight?

Re: Anyone else added on to their ts4511?

yeah there's a good thread about it.

Try the search feature.

Comment

search yielded some stuff already organized

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26185

Comment

Thanks guys. I've seen those posts and was wondering if, since it has been a few months, if there was anything new that was worth sharing. Also, I am wondering after putting the stock fence on, should I go through the trouble of modifying the stock fence by shifting ti over and adding tubing and angle so that I can get to over 50", or should I just buy a biesmeyer or other after market and put it on. Any thoughts?

P.s. I just put the saw together with a moderate amount of attention to detail, thinking that I would have to make adjustments to fine tune it, but fist time I turned it on it passed the "penny" test (I didn't have a nickel), and the fence slid like a dream, one finger. There was a small amount of vibration after shut down, when the blade is almost stopped, and about every other time it knocks the penny over, any thoughts on what this might be?

Thanks,

Spencer

Comment

Originally posted by esschubert View Post
          ...There was a small amount of vibration after shut down, when the blade is almost stopped, and about every other time it knocks the penny over, any thoughts on what this might be?

Thanks,

Spencer
          That's typically caused by regeneration, which is an electrical interaction with the motor capacitors on shutdown. It's very common and not harmful. I've read that you can eliminate/reduce it with some resistors bypassing the caps but I have no idea what values to suggest, nor would I bother.

Comment

Working...
          X