X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makita Blower disassemble it

I am looking to replace broken fan (in link below Item number 9)for makita 4014NV blower

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/mak...16559_230.html

But I could not remove it , any advise how can I do that ?

Thanks

Re: Makita Blower disassemble it

Call Makita tech support in Norcross.They can tell you what it takes to remove it. I also believe that you can order the part from them. I'll bet it's got something to do with screw #10. If it's an alloy or plastic piece they sometimes weld themselves together and require a good bit of force to disassemble.

Comment

I'll bet it's got something to do with screw #10.
      I have got no problem with removing screw 10, but although I had removed it still I could not remove the fan.

Comment

Try some Kroil, PB Blaster, WD-40 or such and let it soak overnight. You may need to find a puller to pull it off the shaft. If it's plastic and because it's broken you might go on the attack with large diagonal cutters. Whatever you do don't get too ruff and damage the motor or motor shaft. You might try heating up the blower near the shaft as heat expands things. Don't get the motor shaft too hot though.

Comment

I don't see a key in the parts schematic, so the is nothing to locate the blade on the motor shaft, which would lead me to believe that it could be pressed into the bearing that locates it in the housing. Although the picture doesn't give you the angle, I don't think there is a push pin holding it on. Just a guess but, you might have to remove the housing and get a puller on the inner race of the bearing to get it apart. It gives all indications of being a pressure fit and it will probably take a puller to disassemble it. You might be able to brute force it apart, but you will probably destroy the bearing and seal.

Comment

Working...
          X