X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kobalt air compressor problem

I own a kobalt compressor, oilless, single stage, direct drive electric compressor model number 103797 I have had it for less than 6 months and it quit on me day while using my nailer. It has a digital display and the tank pressure indicator light is on and we not shut off. I have drained all of the air out of it but the indicator light will not reset and thus the motor will not kickback on to fill the tank. I was hoping that I could avoid taking it back to LOWES because I have not found the receipt. What a hassel. Any ideas I can not find anyone that works on Kobalt in my area. Monroe NC 28112.

Re: kobalt air compressor problem

My first suggestion would be to drain the tank, but you have already done that. I really don't know anything about the digital pressure readout, but I imagine there must be some type of electronic circuitry that makes that happen and if so, I would suspect a malfunction there.

With a normal air pressure guage, there's nothing that would interfere with the motor starting or restarting. In which case the "pressure switch" would be my first suspect. Bleeding the pressure from the tank, as you have already done, should also bleed the pressure from the cylinder itself and the line to the tank. So there should be nothing that prevents the motor from turning over the compressor itself.

So apparently the motor isn't getting switched on by the pressure switch.

If you can't find your receipt, check back with the store, if you know the date that you bought it, maybe they can produce a copy of the receipt for you. Also, if you paid for this with your credit card, then that purchase would show up in you credit history. You may be able to check that online with the card company.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

If you are unable to get the compressor problem fixed, you can return the compressor to Lowe's without a receipt, if it was purchased with a credit card. They can locate all of your past purchases using the credit card. I was able to return an item for which I had lost the receipt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Abruzzi View Post
        If you are unable to get the compressor problem fixed, you can return the compressor to Lowe's without a receipt, if it was purchased with a credit card. They can locate all of your past purchases using the credit card. I was able to return an item for which I had lost the receipt.
        3 months , after that they do not have a record at our stores.

Comment

I've had the same unit for over 2 years now, but it has worked great since day one. Have you tried unplugging it for a bit to hopefully reset the circuitry? Later!

Comment

Originally posted by sirhc View Post
            I own a kobalt compressor, oilless, single stage, direct drive electric compressor model number 103797 I have had it for less than 6 months and it quit on me day while using my nailer. It has a digital display and the tank pressure indicator light is on and we not shut off. I have drained all of the air out of it but the indicator light will not reset and thus the motor will not kickback on to fill the tank. I was hoping that I could avoid taking it back to LOWES because I have not found the receipt. What a hassel. Any ideas I can not find anyone that works on Kobalt in my area. Monroe NC 28112.
            we also have a kobalt, had it for 2yrs and it stopped working, this is the second one that did this, the first one we did take back to lowes but have had this one to long, now we are tring to find someone to fix it here in delaware. no luck sofar

Comment

Working...
            X