X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circular Saw Blade ?

I know this might be a real stupid question, but is it necessary to remove the diamond shaped knock out / plug on circular saw blades before installation? If it depends on the design of the saw, I'll be using a Ridgid R3200 7 1/4". Thanks.

Re: Circular Saw Blade ?

99% of the time you don't remove the knockout.

Comment

I do not know about the model you refer to,

but the SKIL worm drive takes the diamond shape to mount the blade, all the other saws I have used us the round hole,

IF I take a blade off the worm drive I try to keep a few of the diamond knock outs around to tap back in the hole so it will work on the other saws that take the round hole.

your manual should tell you what configuration you will need to use, the round or the Diamond shape, IMO you should be able to tell by looking at the saw, if it has a arbor that is made to mate with the diamond shape of the blade, if not there will be a small round lip that should match the blade hole,

I hope that helps you,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

You can tell by looking at the saw arbor. If you need to knock out the diamond, you'll see a feature on the arbor that fits into the diamond hole. I use a Skil 77 worm drive, for which you knock out the plug. Don't know anything about the ridgid saw.

Comment

All worm drive's accept the diamond ...at least the one's that I have used.

Comment

Working...
          X