new 12 volt mini tools?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new 12 volt mini tools?

Anyone heard any news on new tools for the 12 volt mini battery ? Like see snake, or multimax oscillating tool immediately come to mind. Ok any tool news would be great! You out there PROBAND?

Re: new 12 volt mini tools?

Always here, my friend. Work schedule unfortunately has me lurking more than posting these days.

While not ready for prime time, I can tell you I saw the product line up and more 12v products are definitely in the plan. You had some good suggestions and if anyone has others I'd love to hear them.

Comment

I just bought the 12V 2 spd driver w/light kit (R92008). I first saw something similar at Lowes & noticed a 12v Hitachi. But considering the Ridgid is lifetime warranteed & my experience with the brand, it was a no brainer. Initially I was concerned it had a lack of power but that isn't the case. This will be able to handle on my minor tasks so I won't have to lug around my full size cordless. Now I just need to find a belt holder for it so I can keep it on my person.

Comment

Look forward to seeing more tools on this platform. How about a power caulk gun, a mini right angle drill, and a builder's laser with a spinning head? Any shot of these tools being available seperately, not in kits?

Comment

Originally posted by clockworks View Post
          Look forward to seeing more tools on this platform. How about a power caulk gun, a mini right angle drill, and a builder's laser with a spinning head? Any shot of these tools being available seperately, not in kits?
          What does an automatic caulking gun do? does it get that tiring to use the manual one? (I just recently saw these & didn't understand why this is a hot demand item.)

Comment

Originally posted by clarks1 View Post
            I just bought the 12V 2 spd driver w/light kit (R92008). I first saw something similar at Lowes & noticed a 12v Hitachi. But considering the Ridgid is lifetime warranteed & my experience with the brand, it was a no brainer. Initially I was concerned it had a lack of power but that isn't the case. This will be able to handle on my minor tasks so I won't have to lug around my full size cordless. Now I just need to find a belt holder for it so I can keep it on my person.
            Canadian Tire now has a Hitachi 12V compact drill/impact combo that I picked up last week. Llightweight, balanced, good power.

Comment

I don't know if this would be appropriate for the 12v tools (which I think are great!).

But, how about a cordless nail/staple gun. Most of the cordless electric nailers out there sorta stink, they just don't have enough power to drive even small nails all the way in, especially in hardwoods.

But if they were driven in by a rapid hammering action, similar to a pneumatic palm nailer, you could use very little power to drive practically any size nail or staple. Larger fasteners would just take more impacts.

The next step would be to have interchangable fastener clips which would allow for a very wide variety of nails and staples. Even those crazy looking wire hanging staples.

While it wouldn't replace good ole pneumatic guns, it would be awesome for small jobs and handyman type work. I would happily trade slower nailing for not having to drag in a compressor and a pile of different guns to do a short project.

Comment

Originally posted by clarks1 View Post
                What does an automatic caulking gun do? does it get that tiring to use the manual one? (I just recently saw these & didn't understand why this is a hot demand item.)
                SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not the only one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
                  Always here, my friend. Work schedule unfortunately has me lurking more than posting these days.

While not ready for prime time, I can tell you I saw the product line up and more 12v products are definitely in the plan. You had some good suggestions and if anyone has others I'd love to hear them.
                  Firstly, and I'm not 100% as I haven't seen it yet, but the little light that comes with the 12 volt combo, is it LED? 'Cause if not, and it's a standard light bulb, then a changeover to an LED (preferably a 1 watt CREE LED) would be a huge advantage. [The Bosch 10.8V lineup has/had a little flashlight. Well, the ones sold in the U.S. were with standard light bulbs, while the ones sold in the E.U. had LEDs - I bought one of the LED ones through eBay to replace the standard light bulb one, and I've got to tell you, there's an amazing difference.]

Secondly, how about a 12 volt hot glue stick gun?

And lastly, maybe a 12 volt cordless Dremel/rotary-type tool?

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                    Firstly, and I'm not 100% as I haven't seen it yet, but the little light that comes with the 12 volt combo, is it LED? 'Cause if not, and it's a standard light bulb, then a changeover to an LED (preferably a 1 watt CREE LED) would be a huge advantage. [The Bosch 10.8V lineup has/had a little flashlight. Well, the ones sold in the U.S. were with standard light bulbs, while the ones sold in the E.U. had LEDs - I bought one of the LED ones through eBay to replace the standard light bulb one, and I've got to tell you, there's an amazing difference.]

Secondly, how about a 12 volt hot glue stick gun?

And lastly, maybe a 12 volt cordless Dremel/rotary-type tool?
                    yes its led, cool ideas

Comment

Oh yes please!! A dremel type tool would be perfect for these batteries!

Comment

Working...
                      X