• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty scam

The lifetime warranty is a scam you have to jump through hoops to get it

Re: Warranty scam

Originally posted by Darren1 View Post

Just curious which requirement you consider a "hoop" ?

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Power-To...y/EN/index.htm

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Do you work for Harbor Freight or something? 'Cuz, you're pretty much a tool.

First off, it's a Lifetime Service Agreement which, believe it or not, differs from a warranty (in a much more positive way).

Second, name one manufacturer of anything that isn't going to require at least a bit of effort from you, the consumer. Whether it be, ohh, I don't know... Proving you purchased it; taking or sending it to the place to get service; providing the proper spelling of your name and address.

I'm not sure how you can call it a scam, if by jumping through "hoops" you actually get it. That's not a scam. It's a scam if you don't get something.

Do you have some sort of question or experience to relay that forum members and/or the Ridgid staff could help with? Believe it or not, the moderators read the posts on this forum and have stepped up in the past to help resolve customer service problems.

Comment

Why don't you be more specific to what your situation is and let these guys help you out. I have seen it several times where a frustrating situation turns someone into a life time customer.
        Last edited by DanLawrence; 06-30-2009, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Just delete this fool!
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. You guys all asked the same questions I would have. Maybe the member will give us more detail on the concern.

Comment

Let me get this straight and correct me if I'm wrong...

First 3 years of the 'warranty' is esentially only mfg's defects, then the service contract kicks in. So why do I keep hearing of guys taking their cordless back to The Home Depot after 6mos-1 year and getting new ones free? I didn't see anything on that link that reffered to normal wear and tear coverage.

Comment

The way I understand it the LLSA kicks in once a tool is registered into the Program. The warranty covers mfg. defects for 3 years but if a normal wear and tear item wears out in that 3 years the replacement/repair is covered under the LLSA. Remember, normal wear and tear is not considered a defect.
                Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

So, in 5 years when my 18V battery is fried...are they really going to send me a new one free?

Forgive me, but it defies logic that Ridgid will still supply my 18V batteries for example is 3-4-5-6-7 years from now, because in theory "lifetime service" is how long?....

Comment

Originally posted by Trimmer View Post
                    ..............because in theory "lifetime service" is how long?....
                    As long as you're alive. If you would have read the terms of the LLSA you would have known that. Read the LLSA, it's not rocket science and is written in layman's language.

Comment

BadgerDave, you've changed jobs again!?

Comment

Originally posted by Wood_Junkie View Post
                        BadgerDave, you've changed jobs again!?
                        Yeah, that last one kept getting me in trouble.

Comment

Troll posted and you dummies lapped it up. Just ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by DRC-Wartex View Post
                            Troll posted and you dummies lapped it up. Just ignore it.
                            You must be one of the dummies also as you posted along with the rest of us dummies.

Comment

Re: Warranty is not a scam, I can personally vouch for it and there is a good reason

Frist, to get the lifetime warranty, svc agreement or whatever you want to call it you must properly register the product(s) I have purchased thousdands of dollars worth of Ridgid tools and went through the process. You have to fill out the paperwork, send proof of purchase and the barcode from the box. It takes a while to confirm it is done but once done you get a barcoded keytag.
                              The reason I mentioned this step is simple. 75 to 90% of the buyers will not take this step and they know it. Is that a scam, no it's just using human nature in the process.
                              As far as batteries, if they are any of the batteries that home depot stocks my local store will open up a new battery off the shelf, give it to you, take your old one one and put in that package to return to Ridgid. I just talked with the local Ridgid rep last week at a home depot event to clarify this. On a sad note I did find out that my 24 volt batteries are not carried on the shelf so I will have to deal with Ridgid directly on them.
                              Bottom line is all batteries will go bad. I have a dewalt combo kit from years ago that two batteries died. Bottom line is if I want to use that kit I need to spend $89.00 each for two batteries. I keep my tools and while I may have to contact Ridgid on my 24 volt set and maybe even pay to ship it to them for $5.00 it beats the heck out of $89.00 out of pocket each time. I love my tools and plan to continue to buy Ridgid. I just bought my third shop vac as a present for my Dad. When they come out with a gas fired Framing nailer I will buy one of them as well. All of these tools fail at some point and if you buy another brand the cost to repair will shock you. That happend to me with a pasload plywood stapler I got years ago. It broke and they wanted $90.00 to fix it. I took that money and put towards a new senco. Unforturnatly Ridgid did not make one at the time and don't think they do now. If they did I would have bought it. I own their framing, brad, finish nailers, combo kits, saber saws, routers, planer, etc. I am pleased with them and will continue to buy them.
                              Please look into something before making false aqusations that may turn buyers away from a great product with the best warranty/service agreement out there. Enough said, Jerry

Comment

Working...
                              X