Laser Attachment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser Attachment

I recently purchased the Ridgid model MS1250LZA 12-inch Compound Miter Saw with the Laser. The laser came in a plastic bag with no mounting instructions or instructions in the manual except how to take it apart and replace the battery. Where does it mount on the saw?

Re: Laser Attachment

Milor,

I believe page 17 of your manual provides instructions and an illustration showing how to mount the laser. I just checked this out for another poster last week.

In any case, the laser replaces the outer washer on the blade spindle, and is held in place with the mounting socket head screw. (To loosen the mounting bolt, it needs to be turned clockwise [CW] and to tighten, it turns counter clockwise [CCW]). Be sure to put the outer washer someplace safe and easy to remember, as I'm sure you will want to use it again in the future.

BTW, if the laser works the same as it does on my 10-inch, it will illuminatate (laze?) when the blade spins up. It shines it's beam, just to the left of the blade kerf.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Re: Laser Attachment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
      Milor,

BTW, if the laser works the same as it does on my 10-inch, it will illuminatate (laze?) when the blade spins up. It shines it's beam, just to the left of the blade kerf.

I hope this helps,

CWS
      I have the 10-inch miter saw also, mine was easily set up the same way. The tiny allen wrench that came with the saw can be used to fine tune the position of the laser beam. I set mine so that it cuts on top of the kerf.

Comment

Working...
      X