TS3660 Replacement Belt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3660 Replacement Belt

Any ideas as to where I can find replacement belts for TS3660 Ridgid Table Saw? And, are there any more durable belts available than the one that comes with/made for the saw? I found one place on line and they only have 1 belt. I would like to order more than one belt at a time if this is going to be a steady problem. The original belt is only about 6 months old, and I don't think it should be stretched out already. However, my son left the cord partially wrapped around the motor assembly and as I didn't notice it, it also cut through the cord to the wiring. Will the exposed wire reduce power to the motor? I assume I can re-wrap the cord with electrical tape, but will probably end up replacing the cord as well as I'm not sure if there is a reduction in power because of the exposed wire. So, I am basically looking for a good web site or local store near Lapeer Michigan to buy replacement parts. Thanks!

Re: TS3660 Replacement Belt

I liked this belt and wish it was utilized in other Ridgid tools, like my Vibrating Bandsaw.

Does the belt actually look worn out? Or does it simply appear to have stretched and is slipping?
    • Worn out within 6 Months might be due to misalignment, are the pulleys co-planer?
    • If the belt is slipping, I would look into increasing tension by sliding the motor back a bit.

Your cord should be replaced. The exposed copper will not affect the motor performance, unless some of the exposed strands are frayed.

Comment

http://search.cartserver.com/search/...s=TTI-816439-3

http://www.amazon.com/HC-BELT-POLY-4.../dp/B000P8M0WI

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/rid...8171_8177.html

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! The belt does not look worn out, but the belt has quite a bit of play with the motor extended as far as it will go. I didn't notice it slipping, but when I attempt to cut a piece of wood, the motor slows down. As soon as I noticed the motor slowing, and the wood not cutting, I immediately shut off the saw to check the belt. I will check to see if the pulleys are co-planer tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I will be able to find a new cord at one of the websites given as well and maybe tape the new cord to the leg - so it doesn't get cut into ever again! Thanks for all the help!

Comment

I just went and took a good look at the back of my saw. I see the cord coming out of the motor and it runs to the switch, from the switch to the wall.

The cord from the motor to the switch has a lot of slack, depending where you attach the switch. If that is the section of cord that is frayed, you might just be able to take up some of the slack by cutting the cord off where it is damaged and splicing it into the Circuit Breaker enclosure attached to the top of the motor. I looked inside the enclosure and found Pigtails and Tape, nothing special.

You might not need to buy a new cord, and if you did, you can find that at any major hardware store, sold by the foot.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the links! The first place listed was the least expensive, so I've ordered the parts, and hopefully, back in business soon! Might give me time to clean out the garage! LOL!

Comment

Twice now I had a similar problem and had to slide my motor back to increase belt tension. I think it works itself loose over time, but it has been an easy fix.

Comment

mine has become completly stretched out with no more tensioning available. the ridgid price for a peplacement is almost $29.00.

my question is, since the OEM belt is a VEE-RIBBED belt, would it be possible to replace it with the Power Twist Link Belt which is sold by Rockler, among others.

for not much more than the ridgid price that belt is supposed to reduce vibration by 35% AND retain their shape and be stretch resistant?

thank you in advance for any and all assistance..it is greatly appreciated

K Stew

Comment

K Stew, you could replace the OEM belt with a Link Belt HOWEVER....you will also then need to replace both pulleys. The OEM pulleys will not accept Link Belts or V-Belts.

I'm pretty sure that the belt that came with your saw is the same as the one that came with my 3612, Bando Rib-Ace 417-J. I would check locally with a few auto parts stores to see if they carry the Bando Line. If you find one that does they could order you one for hopefully less money than some other places are charging. It's obviously been a few years since I purchased my 3612 but at the time I did those Bando belts were going for around $13.00.
                  ================================================== ====
                  ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by ACP View Post
                    Twice now I had a similar problem and had to slide my motor back to increase belt tension. I think it works itself loose over time, but it has been an easy fix.

THIS is something i didn't realize when i first posted.

thanks..it's something i WILL do and it should solve my problem!!

Comment

Working...
                    X