X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WD1278 Vac Fittings

Just picked up the WD1278 vac at HD ($30) along with the universal fitting so I can hook up to power tools. Unfortunately the universal fitting is 2-1/2" whereas the WD1278 hose is 1-7/8". There was a bag of 3 multi-size fittings, but they would not work; although one would go from 2-1/2" to 1-7/8" it would not function the other way. Where can I find a fitting from the WD1278's 1-7/8" to the universal 2-1/2"?

Re: WD1278 Vac Fittings

If I understand you correctly, you're trying to hook up a 2½" hose to this vac correct? If so then IMO you'll be decreasing the efficiency of this unit. The vac, being designed to pull air through a 1-7/8 diameter hose, just won't operate up to its full potential if it has to struggle pulling air through that larger hose.

If however I didn't understand you correctly.................never mind.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by wwhobbes View Post
      Just picked up the WD1278 vac at HD ($30) along with the universal fitting so I can hook up to power tools. Unfortunately the universal fitting is 2-1/2" whereas the WD1278 hose is 1-7/8". There was a bag of 3 multi-size fittings, but they would not work; although one would go from 2-1/2" to 1-7/8" it would not function the other way. Where can I find a fitting from the WD1278's 1-7/8" to the universal 2-1/2"?

If you are trying to go to a larger hose with a smaller inlet to the vac , that is a bad idea, it will clog. The other way will work. Save you money and buy a better vac. The cheaper Ridgid's are so loud that you need hearing protection.
      Also, those universal reducers, a cheap plastic ABS tube, are one of the most overpriced items I ever have seen, $9.93 + tx. and it is designed to be used to reduce a vac inlet not enlarge it, look at how the steps are positioned. That is 1/3 of the price of the vac anyway!

Comment

I'm simply looking to be able to use the vac with some tools (e.g., PC sander, router), not with a larger hose. So, I'll hook up the standard 1-7/8" hose to the vac, and need an adapter at the other end to hook up the universal fitting and slip it into the tool. Hope that clarifies it and is not quite such a bad idea.

Comment

Fernco 1056-150-125 Not knowing the dimensions of the tools you're wanting to hook up too I don't know for sure if this will work but I've used these to hook up my ROS and benchtop sander to my Shop Vac. You can buy these and other sizes at Home Depot.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
          X