X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid at Amazon

This seller is mostly selling bare tools.

It has the impact driver available. That Ridgid impact driver R842301 has been on my list for a while.

Where does the seller obtain the stock of all these drivers (not in combo)?

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
    After looking at a few of these "items/listings" on Amazon, I've noticed that they seem to have the following, in one way or another:

In Stock.
    Sold by Locomodem and Fulfilled by Amazon.

It looks like it may be a similar set up compared to eBay. It seems as though individual sellers may have found some way to set up a sellers' account with Amazon, and they are selling the Ridgid tools, and the ordering processes and fulfillment paperwork is just going through Amazon. With this in mind, it wouldn't surprise me if Amazon is taking a little slice, while still maintaining an arm's length distance from the "selling" aspect of things, not unlike the way things are done through eBay. It does appear to be like this, as most of this stuff looks like it's been split up from multi-item kits (ie - flashlight, mini-radio, solo batteries, etc.). Also, with this way, Amazon is not a "retailer" per say of the items themselves, and The Home Depot can still say they have their exclusive deal with Ridgid.

Comment

Originally posted by zmnnch View Post
      This seller is mostly selling bare tools.

It has the impact driver available. That Ridgid impact driver R842301 has been on my list for a while.

Where does the seller obtain the stock of all these drivers (not in combo)?
      Again, most sellers do not "obtain the stock" of tools "not in combo"s. Most sellers buy the same combos that you and I are able to buy at HD - they simply break them up and sell the individual components of the combo.

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
        Not really. I can confirm that we aren't currently selling anything direct to Amazon.
        A few hypothetical questions come to mind:

Q1: So should RIDGID or TTI be doing anything about this to protect their reputation (and indirectly us as consumers) and the sales territory of legit sellers, both online and brick & mortar stores??? I am thinking YES, they should be looking into this.

Q2: I am sure we all realize that if the tools sold are broken out of a set and sold individually on eBay or elsewhere then there is no warranty or guarantee, but what about a complete tool as say a 14" BS which is shipped to the buyer in the original packaging complete with manuals, etc. AND the seller is one who regularly resells items in their original packaging? Assuming of course that they acquired the tools legally through purchase from some legit source. If they buy low, sell high is that wrong? Isn't that the marketing strategy behind Wall Street and every retailer on the face of the planet?

Q3: If I am not making a living out of reselling RIDGID tools and say I bought a tool like the BS14002 and brought it home and never open the box. Now a couple months later I need cash and still have not opened the box up but it is past the 90 day return time. Can I re-sell the tool to someone else and can they then register it as their own (assuming I never registered the tool) if I turn over the original receipt to them and their warranty period starts from the date I purchased the tool? It would seem pretty much invisible to RIDGID.
        Last edited by Bob D.; 08-21-2009, 03:14 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

After looking at a few of these "items/listings" on Amazon, I've noticed that they seem to have the following, in one way or another:

In Stock.

It looks like it may be a similar set up compared to eBay. It seems as though individual sellers may have found some way to set up a sellers' account with Amazon, and they are selling the Ridgid tools, and the ordering processes and fulfillment paperwork is just going through Amazon. With this in mind, it wouldn't surprise me if Amazon is taking a little slice, while still maintaining an arm's length distance from the "selling" aspect of things, not unlike the way things are done through eBay. It does appear to be like this, as most of this stuff looks like it's been split up from multi-item kits (ie - flashlight, mini-radio, solo batteries, etc.). Also, with this way, Amazon is not a "retailer" per say of the items themselves, and The Home Depot can still say they have their exclusive deal with Ridgid.
          Actually, the "fulfilled by amazon" aspect means that Amazon is closer than just arms length. There are lots of 3rd party sellers on Amazon, as we all know. But anything that is "fulfilled by amazon" means that Amazon is storing the stuff in its warehouse and shipping it out through it's shipping channels. Something that doesn't happen with regular 3rd party accounts.

As an example, I have amazon prime (because I'm an impatient sucker) and I get everything from amazon itself via 2 day air for free (minus the $80 a yr it costs me, I said I'm a sucker okay?). However, this only applies to stuff amazon sells and ships, 3rd party sellers still charge their own shipping fees because they ship the stuff themselves. HOWEVER, anything that is sold by a third party, but "fulfilled by amazon" still qualifies for amazon prime and I get it 2 day air free.

How this fits into any ridgid exclusivity agreements with HD, I have no idea. I just order a lot of stuff from Amazon.
          Last edited by Photojosh; 08-21-2009, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
            A few hypothetical questions come to mind:

Q3: If I am not making a living out of reselling RIDGID tools and say I bought a tool like the BS14002 and brought it home and never open the box. Now a couple months later I need cash and still have not opened the box up but it is past the 90 day return time. Can I re-sell the tool to someone else and can they then register it as their own (assuming I never registered the tool) if I turn over the original receipt to them and their warranty period starts from the date I purchased the tool? It would seem pretty much invisible to RIDGID.
            Isn't there a short time limit on registering your tools with ridgid? Or is that just for the lifetime thing?

If there is no time limit for the 3yr coverage and your receipt didn't have your name on it (like some do when paying via credit card) I can't imagine that ridgid would notice. However, I'm no ridgid expert (as you can see with my whopping big post count).

Comment

Q1: So should RIDGID or TIT be doing anything...
              Bob, I believe it's actually "TTI", not t-i-t. However, we'll let your little Freudian slip go by.

Comment

Bob, I believe it's actually "TTI", not t-i-t. However, we'll let your little Freudian slip go by.

You are right, but it was the spell check that did me in as shown below.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	831977d6d99af29beab0c1ff58b32c56.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	7977
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                ---------
                ---------

Comment

You are right, but it was the spell check that did me in as shown below.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	831977d6d99af29beab0c1ff58b32c56.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	7977
                  Sure, sure. Methinks that the only reason that spelling would be in your spellcheck, is if your computer constantly and frequently came upon that word.

Now Bob - what kind of webpages and documents must you be perusing to come across a word like that??!!

Comment

It's built into the ieSpell dictionary.
                    The word also appears on Wictionary and Wikipedia.
                    ---------------
                    ---------------
                    ---------
                    ---------

Comment

It's built into the ieSpell dictionary.
                      The word also appears on Wictionary and Wikipedia.
                      Sure, sure. Excuses, excuses. LOL.

Comment

Go tit........

I mean got it.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                          Go tit........

I mean got it.

Comment

go...t..t
                            rockwell sonicraft |rockwell sonicrafter|fein fmm blade |power tool|Fein top|tools

Comment

In Stock.

The Ridgid tools that don't make sense aren't the 3rd party merchants, it's the stuff that is "shipped from and sold by Amazon".

Ridgid R29302 24043 12 Amp 2-1/4 HP Plunge/Fixed Base Combo Router
                              List Price: $291.00
                              Price: $209.00 & eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime
                              You Save: $82.00 (28%)

In Stock.
                              Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
                              http://www.amazon.com/Ridgid-R29302-...dp/B001W0ZI7W/
                              I don't work for Ridgid and I don't work for Home Depot but I likely know more about both than someone who works at either.

Comment

Is there other website cheaper than amazon.com?
                                rockwell sonicraft |rockwell sonicrafter|fein fmm blade |power tool|Fein top|tools

Comment

Working...
                                X