X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid at Amazon

I got an email from Amazon this morning, inviting me to shop for RIDGID tools at Amazon.com

I looked at the bandsaw, it listed $510! Is there an improvement over the units stocked at HD?

Re: Ridgid at Amazon

I was surprised to see NEW Ridgid tools sold directly from Amazon and not 3rd party merchants. Pricing is crazy. I guess Home Depot is not the exclusive distributor anymore. I wonder if you can take an Amazon Ridgid purchase to Home Depot for return/exchange/warranty? Could get interesting. Tax free, free shipping. If Amazon gets competitive on their pricing, this could be fun. Or a fiasco in the making.
    I don't work for Ridgid and I don't work for Home Depot but I likely know more about both than someone who works at either.

Comment

Originally posted by cisco1138 View Post
      I got an email from Amazon this morning, inviting me to shop for RIDGID tools at Amazon.com

I looked at the bandsaw, it listed $510! Is there an improvement over the units stocked at HD?
      Yep, your back will hurt less because your wallet will be lighter

Seriously the only advantage I can see is the free shipping of large items that you cant/dont want to pick up. Sometimes its worth a little $$$, but from the prices I see I think Id rather pick up the larger items in person to save the $$$.

Comment

Looked at selling some items through Amazon but their fees are ridiculous. Probably had to hike up prices because of them...

Comment

So amazon is the cheapest on for RIDGID now?
          rockwell sonicraft |rockwell sonicrafter|fein fmm blade |power tool|Fein top|tools

Comment

Anyone know if these tools are eligable for LSA?

Comment

Yeah, I think that's a very important question... not only for the LSA, but for the regular warranty? I have not seen any announcement from Ridgid or from TTI stating that there is a NEW source for their power tools, outside of the normal "exclusive agreement" with Home Depot.

Does ProBrand or Josh have any insight on this question?

CWS

Comment

The prices at amazon.com for Ridgid do seem rather fishy. You would think that because Amazon doesn't have the overhead associated with brick and mortar stores that they would be be able to sell cheaper than the local prices. I've been keeping an eye on the 2930 router that normally goes for $199.99 at HD, it's going for $266.64 on amazon.com. Even more strange is the fact that they have the "List Price" as $291.00, and then claim an 8% savings! If the only place to get new Ridgid tools previously was HD, shouldn't that be List Price?

Nobody in their right mind would pay $66 more for the same tool that can be found at just about any HD, or even HD's website. I guess this is only beneficial for people who like Ridgid tools, but hate Home Depot with such a passion that they'll almost pay 30% more

Comment

ProBrand, Josh - any status or info on this?

Comment

Not really. I can confirm that we aren't currently selling anything direct to Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
                      Not really. I can confirm that we aren't currently selling anything direct to Amazon.
                      You should, I would much rather buy from Amazon then HD. The HD in my area is a joke. It is really small so they don't have much of a tool section.
                      Power Tool Blog - Power Tool Reviews

Comment

I can only imagine that someone convinced Amazon that they were a direct rep for Ridgid and is selling Ridgid tools to Amazon for Home Depot retail prices (+markup), Amazon has margin targets that are probably causing the prices to rise to the level that they are at now. I can't see any other explanation especially since Josh say that they are not selling direct to Amazon.
                        I don't work for Ridgid and I don't work for Home Depot but I likely know more about both than someone who works at either.

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
                          Thanks for the confirmation/debunking, ProBrand. Please be sure to update us if this changes or is confirmed the other way. We appreciate the prompt update/notice.

Originally posted by Quiglag View Post
                          You should, I would much rather buy from Amazon then HD. The HD in my area is a joke. It is really small so they don't have much of a tool section.
                          Originally posted by 36volt View Post
                          I can only imagine that someone convinced Amazon that they were a direct rep for Ridgid and is selling Ridgid tools to Amazon for Home Depot retail prices (+markup), Amazon has margin targets that are probably causing the prices to rise to the level that they are at now. I can't see any other explanation especially since Josh say that they are not selling direct to Amazon.
                          Well, with ProBrand/Ridgid not confirming direct sales to/through Amazon, safe to say that it's best to still stay with purchases at HD if you do still want to cross your t's and dot your i's when it comes to LLSA nitty-gritty details. Yes, saving a couple of dollars is nice, but you have to way that against the potential of LLSA ineligibility if you purchase from an unauthorized source/store.

RE 36volt's comment, yes, that does sound interesting. It would be interesting to know Amazon's take on this issue. But I presume that ProBrand/Ridgid and/or Ridgid's legal department may already be looking into that issue, and we will hopefully be advised of anything relevant that we need to know.

Comment

Looks like the prices for Ridgid tools that are shipped from and sold by Amazon are coming down to be more in line with Home Depot. Will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Comment

After looking at a few of these "items/listings" on Amazon, I've noticed that they seem to have the following, in one way or another:

In Stock.
                              Sold by Locomodem and Fulfilled by Amazon.

It looks like it may be a similar set up compared to eBay. It seems as though individual sellers may have found some way to set up a sellers' account with Amazon, and they are selling the Ridgid tools, and the ordering processes and fulfillment paperwork is just going through Amazon. With this in mind, it wouldn't surprise me if Amazon is taking a little slice, while still maintaining an arm's length distance from the "selling" aspect of things, not unlike the way things are done through eBay. It does appear to be like this, as most of this stuff looks like it's been split up from multi-item kits (ie - flashlight, mini-radio, solo batteries, etc.). Also, with this way, Amazon is not a "retailer" per say of the items themselves, and The Home Depot can still say they have their exclusive deal with Ridgid.

Comment

Working...
                              X