X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No LSA - Max Select - Batteries and charger sold separately

If you can't provide LSA for your batteries for Max Select products you will loose clients like myself.

I need only one tool today from your line of products, R8823 Dual Voltage Impact Driver, but it doesn't come with a battery so it needs to be purchased separately hence it would not be covered by your LSA.

$150 for the driver, $150 for the battery, $100 for the charger = $400.

Please tell me that I am wrong otherwise I will take my $400 and spend it somewhere else.

Additional observations...your website is slow here. It could be a problem on my side too.

The registration for the forum is unnecessary complicated. Why do you need my personal info that you have no way to verify but is required? The security question RIDGID doesn't work or I do not know how to type RIDGID? Am I suppose to type it in lowercase?

Re: No LSA - Max Select - Batteries and charger sold separately

Originally posted by 321dragon View Post
    If you can't provide LSA for your batteries for Max Select products you will loose clients like myself.

I need only one tool today from your line of products, R8823 Dual Voltage Impact Driver, but it doesn't come with a battery so it needs to be purchased separately hence it would not be covered by your LSA.

$150 for the driver, $150 for the battery, $100 for the charger = $400.

Please tell me that I am wrong otherwise I will take my $400 and spend it somewhere else.

Additional observations...your website is slow here. It could be a problem on my side too.

The registration for the forum is unnecessary complicated. Why do you need my personal info that you have no way to verify but is required? The security question RIDGID doesn't work or I do not know how to type RIDGID? Am I suppose to type it in lowercase?

the impact has the llsa, http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R8823-Du...Impact-Driver/

Comment

I think it is the batteries 123dragon is complaining about that don't have the LSA. I think everyone on here agrees with him that they should be covered, like the ones in the kits, but they are not.

Every now and again, RIDGID puts together a kit (for sales events) which include the 18V impact and the 18v drill. I think my HD still has one left with a light included too that is $250. It comes with 2 compact Li batteries and everything can be registered for LSA. I think last year they had the drill and impact, 2 Li batteries and charger for $199. A year ago I picked up an 18v drill, impact, 2 NiCd batteries, and charger for $135 and registered them OK.

If you are only after the impact and don't have batteries already, you might find this a better option. It's cheaper, you get a spare drill, the 18 volt is lighter (especially with the compact batteries), and per many comments in this forum, the 18v impact is a better tool than the MaxSelect. And you can register them for LSA.

The compact batteries work fine for this impact. The impact is not a power hog, so the batteries last a good while when in use, and the recharge time is about 20 minutes.

By the way: On this forum you are mostly getting input from other users and not from RIDGID.

Comment

After looking at the Amazon thread, it looks as though there is a 4-piece 18v set (drill/impact/light/radio) with 2 Li batteries and charger for $149. It is from CPO Ridgid, who say they are an authorized RIDGID dealer.

I don't know if it is reconditioned. They usually say it is when that is the case. Just seems a very good price.

I don't know if it will be eligable for LSA coming from them rather than HD.

Comment

Anyone who buys two batteries and a charger individually needs their head examined.

There are several points throughout the year where you can pick up a kit for an excellent price that will include 2 batteries, a charger and some tool for less than $150 and it will all be covered under the LSA.

When I need new batteries I always start eying a kit that has something I don't already have and get it. Basically you are paying for the batteries and the tool comes out free.

Comment

MaxSelect dosn't come as a kit, so you can't get it with a battery and charger.

I agree, if you pay $150 for a battery with 3y warranty where the cost of manufacturing in china is a fraction, your head needs to be examined!

If 18v impact is a better tool than the MaxSelect then I need to look into it. Thanks for the tip!
            Last edited by 321dragon; 07-08-2009, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Makita makes impact that uses brushless motor. That motor is going to last forever and light users like myself wound not need LSA for that reason. No LSA on batteries though.

I wonder if RIDGID impact use brushless too...

Comment

I have the impact driver from the compact combo kit and i have to tell you i love it. I like to have 2 though. One for back up or I use two because i hate changing the nut driver bits.....just seems to save time. Any word on RIDGID selling the compact impact separately? I know they have the Max Select Impact but I was hoping for the one that I already have.

Comment

I wasn't suggesting you get a max select as a kit.

I was suggesting that you can get a kit with a different tool and it will cost less than buying all the other stuff separately......and you have an extra tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Calder View Post
                    After looking at the Amazon thread, it looks as though there is a 4-piece 18v set (drill/impact/light/radio) with 2 Li batteries and charger for $149. It is from CPO Ridgid, who say they are an authorized RIDGID dealer.

I don't know if it is reconditioned. They usually say it is when that is the case. Just seems a very good price.

I don't know if it will be eligable for LSA coming from them rather than HD.
                    CPO sells reconditioned with no LSA. That kit is sold with "small" battery packs: 2x 18V 1.5Ah Li-Ion Batteries

So they sell it for $150...what is the price for a new kit?
                    Last edited by 321dragon; 07-08-2009, 06:05 PM.

Comment

MaxSelect dosn't come as a kit, so you can't get it with a battery and charger.
                      No, it doesn't. That's actually the beauty of the MaxSelect tools - you buy a drill kit of whatever type/size/style cordless drill that you would like, which includes a charger and usually two batteries (as well as a full warranty and/or LLSA eligibility, if purchased accordingly). Then, you add on the MaxSelect tools that you would like, and you register those solo tools for the warranty and/or LLSA. Then, you use those MaxSelect tools with the batteries from your drill kit - it all works interoperably.

Or, another option is to get a full multiple piece kit that also includes an impact, and/or saw, etc., along with a drill, charger, and two batteries.

It all seems pretty simple and basic to me. It's a very common packaging and sales method. If you're really complaining about this, it seems somewhat curious to me. Maybe, you're just wanting an impact - no regular cordless drill (which baffles me, because they're the most commonly used powertool in most toolboxes). But, if that's the case, then look for Ridgid's 14 volt impact driver kit - no, it's not the MaxSelect impact driver, but it comes with a charger, two batteries, and full warranty/LLSA eligibility. That's the best option if you just want a solo impact driver.

Comment

There is never enough packs. I am sure many would prefer tools with packs and LSA. Sell it both way if there is demand, with and w/o packs. Not everybody needs all the tools from the set. If I pay $100-150 for a battery I want it covered under LSA.

Who cares that is a very common packaging and sales method. Make it to work for us. Yes, I wanted the best impact driver, battery with LSA and a charger.

I just settled for a 18V refurbished kit with 2x small pack and no LSA as a compromise.
                        Last edited by 321dragon; 07-09-2009, 11:49 PM.

Comment

1) What is so beautiful about a tool with no battery and bunch of tools with just 2 packs? Ask any PRO if they have enough packs. There is never enough packs!

2) Not everybody needs all the tools from the set.

3) If I pay $100-150 for a battery I want it covered under LSA. If that is not what you would want that is fine with me.

Who cares that is a very common packaging and sales method. Make it to work for us. Sell it with and w/o the battery if there is a demand for it. That is very simple.

Yes, I just want (any at this point) impact driver and I don't care about stupid flashlight, radio, or drill.

Anyway, just ask here on the forum if people would like to buy MAX with battery and LSA. I am sure you would get majority peple wanted it that way.
                          many people complained that no tools were sold solo, that is why max select happened, I agree with you though, sell them both ways!!!

Comment

I just edited my post. I did not want to sound angry.

Comment

Working...
                            X