X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Injection in Pressure Washer

I see that Rigid's RD80702 has fuel injection. Does anyone have experience with this? Home Depot does not carry it.

Re: Fuel Injection in Pressure Washer

It's a brand new engine from Subaru-Robin and not on their web site yet. Here is some info on the same engine but with a carburetor on it. To meet new emissions standards like it or not many 2010 model year engines will have micro processors, fuel injection and maybe even a catalytic converter exhaust system. It's really totally insane as it is the older junker engines that blast out foul exhaust.

I would recommend seeing if anyone actually has purchased one of this new model of pressure washers and what they have found out. Normally the Robin engines are very good.

http://www.robinamerica.com/pfeatures.aspx?pid=9

Robin America Inc.
    A division of Fuji Industries, Ltd. Group
    905 Telser Road
    Lake Zurich, IL 60047
    Toll Free: (800) 277-6246
    Tel: (847) 540-7300

Comment

I run 50:1, synthetic 2 cycle oil/premium fuel in these newer 4 stroke engines as they run too lean and hot especially at higher elevations. They run smoother and have more power. Some of these regulations just go too far. There is no question that FI is better tech. than a carb..
      I have seen a battery mower commercial saying that gas mowers are extremely damaging to the environment showing an oil burning mower. No one should use that type of polluting engine anyway. I have no engines that do that. Basically we gas mower users are environmental criminals according to some. Where do they think the electrical power comes from to charge and manufacture / recharge those battery mowers? What about the disposal of toxic non recyclable batteries they are using[common lead acid are 100% RECYCLABLE]

Comment

4 cycle/stroke engines all the way. More power for less RPMs, better fuel economy, better engine longevity, no more fuel/oil mixing (and problems of mixing it too oil-lean and causing engine damage/overheating, or mixing it too oil-rich and causing excessive pollution/smoking), lower engine operating temperatures, and lower emissions.

It's a complete win-win situation.

Comment

Working...
        X