• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no more dust collector remote controls

i stumbled across this on the lee valley site:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...t=1,42401&ap=1

it seems to do the same thing this does:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...witch&sLevel=0

but adds the flexibility of tapping 2 circuits when necesary for the activator and slave tools.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Re: no more dust collector remote controls

I've seen things like the sears one before, but the Lee Valley one, though more expensive seems like a much better idea. Having your TS (e.g.) and a dust collector/shop vac on the same 110V circuit is certainly sub optimal. Allowing you to split it like that seems like a big win.

Comment

Re: no more dust collector remote controls

Originally posted by cpw View Post
      I've seen things like the sears one before, but the Lee Valley one, though more expensive seems like a much better idea. Having your TS (e.g.) and a dust collector/shop vac on the same 110V circuit is certainly sub optimal. Allowing you to split it like that seems like a big win.
      I don't think the Craftsman(Sears) switch was ever meant to power a TS and another high amperage tool. I have one and it works fine for its intended purpose. For anything larger I agree the Lee Valley version is the way to go.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
      X