older Ridgid cordless drill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• older Ridgid cordless drill

I got one of these 18V models when they first hit home depot like 7 or 8 years ago. it was when they warrantied the batteries and everything for life. I have really enjoyed this drill over the past few years but this year the batteries are getting weak and it only use to take 30 mins to charge, now they take close to an hour. I never sent in my product registration card back in the day can I still get new batteries under warranty?

any advice is appreciated.

Re: older Ridgid cordless drill

I would say yes as they were lifetime guarantee at that point, the LSA option came out after we bought ours. I would think that it would only require a visit to an authorized service center. I had my drill in for a trigger switch replacement 6 months ago and there were no discussion as to warranty eligibility

Comment

OK so I can just take them to home depot? Do they have batteries there or do I have to give them mine and wait for weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by savage25xtreme View Post
        OK so I can just take them to home depot? Do they have batteries there or do I have to give them mine and wait for weeks?
        IF....and that's definitely an IF....you can get the batteries replaced without having registered the tools I'd think you'd need a sales receipt and you wont get any help from HD.

You'll have to go to a authorized service center.

Comment

me having the receipt is a joke right? LOL. I found a service center that is only 10 miles away I will give them a call.m I was hoping they could just look at the serial number or something and replace them.

Comment

Back in the day, the Lifetime Warranty was for manufacturers defects and not for worn out batteries. All Emerson made tool owners were given a chance to register their tools into the LLSA Program. If you failed to do so then I think that now you are SOL.
            ================================================== ====
            All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Actually the original lifetime warranty covered the batteries as well, that was the main selling feature for me as I was sick of buying new dewalts every few years because the batteries died. Check your drill, if it is of the same vintage as mine the serial number was put on with disappearing ink! You may need a receipt
              Attached Files

Comment

My bad, I was thinking about the Lifetime Warranty that Emerson/Ridge Tool offered which of course was before there were any Ridgid cordless tools.
                ================================================== ====
                All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Take it to the service center and have them call Ridgid. My tools were registered at Ridgid.com before TTI took over. None of the registrations were transfered over. All it took was a phone call from the service company with the serial #
                  info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I think you will need a receipt, especially if the serial number has faded.

All the "orange" tools were made by TTI under license from Ridgid and they were introduced in 2003. During that initial six month period (IIRC), Ridgid/TTI applied the "lifetime replacement" of batteries, chargers, and other such items as an introductory warranty. After February of 2004, they dropped that "introductory" and went with just the regular 3-year warranty.

They introduced the LLSA (Limited Lifetime Service Agreement) sometime in 2005, I believe. I'd have to do some digging to get the exact date of that. But, I do have a copy of the original introduction warranty and the time period. If I remember it correctly, you didn't have to register to get that coverage.... just make the purchase before February 2004.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

yes I got it during the original 6 month period. I actually went in there to buy a dewalt and saw the lifetime batteries and got the ridgid instead. my drill looks just like yours wbrooks. I will take it in this week and let everyone know. thanks for all the advice guys. I think mine has the serial number still.

here she is in the back ground.

Comment

" will take it in this week "

I'm not sure if it was made clear, but you need to address this with an authorized Ridgid service center... and NOT Homed Depot. Unless your particular store is a rare exception, you will not be able to get a replacement battery there!

Take it or send it to an authorized service center.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

ya, I used the link on the ridgid site and found a service center that is actually closer than home depot

Comment

Working...
                          X