Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3300 Pressure Washer - Rust in Gauge Quick Connect

Hi Everyone-

I have a pressure guage attached to a quick-connect fitting, for my Ridgid washer. I just disconnected it today and noticed rust in the male fitting, prompting me to check the quick-connect fitting attached to the pump. Sure enough, rust. Has anyone else had this happen? The washer is new and I've used it a few times. I'm a bit concerned. I believe the pump fitting, to which Ridgid attached their quick-connect, has a tapered thread that crushes to form a seal, when tightened. I'm thinking I need to replace the quick-connect, but I don't see how if the threads are crushed. Is my concern unfounded or do I need to do something? Sorry for the elementary post. I appreciate any help. Thank you much.

BH

Re: 3300 Pressure Washer - Rust in Gauge Quick Connect

mine is the same way, i have used it twice and took it out for a third use and disconnected the couplers and it was rusted as well. Not sure if it is suppose to do that as well.

Comment

I just received a message from Andy, at Pressure Tek ( http://www.pressuretek.com/index.html ), regarding replacement quick-connects. I explained the problem with rust appearing in the quick-connect. He said not to worry, that is normal. To remove it, he said spray a little WD40 on the rusted area and that should remove it. I have not done this, so I don't know if it will work, but I'll try and post the results.

Comment

It is normal. There are replacements in SS. The rust will just return again. I try to keep the ends of the hoses up so the remaining water does not contact the male end in storage.

Comment

I appreciate the feedback.

I ended up using a fine-grade steel wool to remove the rust. I then used a little silicone spray and dabbed up the excess.

Comment

My wand/hose quick connect is rusty and now leaks. I know the brass hose fitting is a Foster 3/8 FPT. Does anybody have a Rigid part number for the quick connect assembly?

Would like a SS plug and new brass coupler.

thanks

Comment

Working...
            X