X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving a TS 3650

Hi all. Looking for a little advice. There is a strong possibility that I will be moving from Utah to Idaho. I’m not too concerned about my band saw, planner or jointer but I am a little concerned about my 3650 table saw. I know I will have to remove the out feed table but I was wondering if I need to remove the extensions and rails. I know I shouldn’t try to lift the saw by the extensions or rails but I think it can be moved by sliding a moving dolly under it and rolling it up a ramp into a moving truck. Question is, do I need to remove them for the trip; will the vibration or bumps in the road damage anything? It will probably be moved in the back of a U-Haul truck. Thought or advice?

Re: Moving a TS 3650

When I returned my 3660 the best way seemed to pull the extensions and rails off and leave the main portion of the saw intact.

Its probably OK to leave everything together but my worry would be the bouncing would cause the rails and/or extensions to bend. Probably wouldnt happen, but better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

+1 re above. be safe and remove.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
        +1 re above. be safe and remove.
        Agree with above, but have not had to move mine.

You might also think about clamping some support (a pair of 2x4s maybe) to the top of the table that spans from left to right across both wings and the TS top. This could be held on by a number of methods, clamps for one. I would only do this if I absolutely could not remove the wings and fence rails.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

When I moved mine I also pulled the rails off and the motor 1.to lighten it and 2.didn't want it bouncing.

Comment

You are right, good idea to remove the motor also.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

That's a good point about the motor, hadn't thought of that. I think I'll take the safe route and pull the extensions, rails and motor. If anything, I would rather error on the side on caution. Thanks for all the advice.

Comment

With the rails, extensions and motor removed I'd haul it upside down, with appropriate protection for the top.

As top heavy as they are a trip down the road could place some unwanted stress on the legs. With it upside down you don't have any issues like that.

Comment

Working...
                X