Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registering Batteries Replaced through LSA

Hi,

I recently brought 2 of my 18V NiCad batteries into a service centre for replacement. The guy also asked me to bring my drill so he could replace the switch for some reason. Anyways, now I've got 2 new batteries and was wondering if I need to register them to keep them eligable for the LSA? I tried logging in to my E-box but it's not working for some reason. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Re: Registering Batteries Replaced through LSA

Great question and I'm looking forward to the correct answer. Hopefully ProBrand, a RIDGID dude, or someone with actual experience will chime in. I think this question has been raised before but I don't recall if it was ever answered satisfactorily.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I have never replaced any components under the LSA, however I have replaced items that were within the ninety day period that I had already registered.
      I emailed Ridgid requesting the correct procedure for registering the replacement items, in the at that time, My Ebox. They told me to go to the original registration info and change it to the new serial numbers. They stated the information about the exchange would remain in my record. I did just that, however I retained all the emails of my communications with Ridgid in my Ebox , just in case!
      I believe you would use the same procedure with replacements under the LSA, however I would record all the info regarding the Service Center and what they did in case there is a question in the future......Ray

Comment

I figured that there would be some sort of feature in the Ebox to accomplish this, but I'm not able to get into my account because they're performing some sort of upgrade or something to the software. I don't remember the details. Anyways, I'll give it a shot if and when I'm able to log into my account. Hopefully it will be soon. Perhaps I'll send an email off to customer service just in case.

Thanks,

Dan

Comment

FWIW the eBox is working now - at least for me.

Comment

Still not working for me....

Comment

Originally posted by advertguy2 View Post
              Still not working for me....
              Is this where you're looking? https://register.ridgidpower.com/

Comment

Yes sir, I am. Doesn't seem to work when I try to sign in. Tried the "request a new password" thing that is in the box there (twice) and haven't received anything. Send Ridgid an email. Hope to hear back in the next 72 hours...

Comment

advertguy2, if you want to burn up a few of those 72 hours, take a look at this thread. I think you might be having the same trouble many of us had when they first switch from the Ebox format to the Dashboard(stupid name) format.

Comment

Well, that was a good read Dave, but didn't really solve anything for me. I still haven't received the emails from Ridgid for the new password. This is absolutely ridiculous. Good system guys

Comment

Sorry bout that, I thought there might be a solution to your problem in that thread. It was a long time ago that it ran so my memory was a little sketchy about the contents.

Comment

Oh no problem at all. Good to know that I'm not the only one with the problem.

I just checked my email again and it looks like the request for a new password sent earlier this morning actually made it through.

I guess the 2 I sent yesterday got held up at the US/Canadian border for some reason...

Anyways, managed to log in to Ebo...I mean Dashboard and it looks like everything of mine is there.

Of course I only wrote down my new battery serial number rather than model number and serial number. So I'll have to get that info tonight and try again tomorrow. Hopefully it all works out just fine. By that time, CS will have replied to my email perhaps...

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys.

Dan

Comment

I've replaced batteries - 18 volt 1.5's and the 24 volt and I have also wondered if that made a difference to my original registration. I scanned and have kept the original exchange paperwork just in case something might arise in the future, but would like to know if there is a different process.

Comment

I didn't get any paperwork when I got my service. Dropped off my drill and battery. I got a little tag number. He said to bring my other battery when I came to pick it up. Went and picked it up, got my stuff. No receipt no nothing.

I did notice that the replacement batteries have a different serial number than the ones I had before and the ones I've checked out in stores. My old ones started with a G and so do the ones in the stores. My new ones are CS. Wonder if that means anything?

Comment

Advertguy2,

I guess that every shop is going to do things differently with their paperwork and such, but I never leave anything with anybody without getting some sort of paperwork or claim ticket before I leave my precious items with anyone. I have paperwork on the returns that I've done and have kept and scanned copies into the computer for later reference if necessary. I don't know if it will be a later problem or not - kinda doubt it, but did it this way anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                              X