Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R8660 Collated Driver - No bits available

Originally posted by rgeorgejr View Post
    It is a standard bit in every way, except for the length. I tried an off-the-shelf 6" Dewalt bit, a standard phillips head. It worked fine except that it didn't drive the screws in all the way. I need a 6-1/4" bit. I tried increasing the drive-depth but it was not enough to compensate for the short bit. The Ridgid cust service actually told me to return the tool to Home Depot and exchange it for a new one, which would have a new bit.
    what if you moved the snout? like the adjustment with the hex head? i am driving 1 1/4" screws and am wondering if that will work... as a matter of fact i think ill check it out now kenny

Comment

well i have the senco duraspin drive bits, and i can tell you for a fact these wont work, they measure 5" kenny

Comment

Originally posted by rgeorgejr View Post
        I know that the part number is 670800093, it's just not available.
        Not true.
        Gardner Inc. shows 616 of these currently available in their Columbus, OH warehouse.
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

I think that the bits for this screwdriver are starting to become available in HD's. Last time I was in one of the stores over in Roseville, Michigan (just outside of Detroit) a week or so ago, I remember them having a few new packs like these:

Now, for the life of me, I can't find anything on the HD webpage with a stock number or anything - all I can find is a listing for these smaller 3 1/2" ones. But I'm 90% sure that they were 6 1/2" bits for the collated screw gun - they caught my eye due to being aware of this thread, and the size of the pack obviously. But if I remember right, they were a 2-pack, for somewhere in the neighbourhood of $6.97 or $7.96 or something like that. But the packaging was just like the one pictured.

I would say to check if your local HD had them, and if not, give TTI's (Ridgid's) customer service line a call, and see if they have a SKU/stock number for these, and/or if you can order them directly.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
            I think that the bits for this screwdriver are starting to become available in HD's. Last time I was in one of the stores over in Roseville, Michigan (just outside of Detroit) a week or so ago, I remember them having a few new packs like these:

Now, for the life of me, I can't find anything on the HD webpage with a stock number or anything - all I can find is a listing for these smaller 3 1/2" ones. But I'm 90% sure that they were 6 1/2" bits for the collated screw gun - they caught my eye due to being aware of this thread, and the size of the pack obviously. But if I remember right, they were a 2-pack, for somewhere in the neighbourhood of $6.97 or $7.96 or something like that. But the packaging was just like the one pictured.

I would say to check if your local HD had them, and if not, give TTI's (Ridgid's) customer service line a call, and see if they have a SKU/stock number for these, and/or if you can order them directly.

the bits for the R8660 measure 6.28" and i could not find at HD in NJ

I emailed ridgid to no avail.... gotta call them soon, but still hanging sheetrock and the bit is working so far.

kenny

Comment

those excact ones are at my depot in col, oh. Just recently though

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                those excact ones are at my depot in col, oh. Just recently though
                Pesci, do you mean the 6 1/2" / 6 1/4" ones for this collated driver, or do you mean the standard / ColdFire bits that I have shown?

If you do have the actual 6"+ bits for this collated driver available to you locally, let everyone know. I'm sure that those who have this driver, but can't get bits, would love to have someone be available to get these shipped to them if they need them.

Comment

Pesci, do you mean the 6 1/2" / 6 1/4" ones for this collated driver, or do you mean the standard / ColdFire bits that I have shown?

If you do have the actual 6"+ bits for this collated driver available to you locally, let everyone know. I'm sure that those who have this driver, but can't get bits, would love to have someone be available to get these shipped to them if they need them.
                  6 1/4 square, 6 1/4 #2 bits and 5 1/8 of both also

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                    6 1/4 square, 6 1/4 #2 bits and 5 1/8 of both also
                    Well, there you go. If you need these bits and can't find them at your local HD, get ahold of Pesciwasp, and maybe he can help you out if you ask nicely.

Good find, Pesciwasp!!!!

Comment

I have an even worse problem. I cannot even buy this gun without paying the same amount in shipping as what it actually costs. The HD's in Canada do not sell this cordless gun for some reason that is totally weird to me and I can manage to buy it online however it ends up costing double to buy it. Does anyone know how I can get my hands on this cordless collated gun at a reasonable price? It is the model R8660.

Comment

Working...
                      X