Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Questions

I have questions

1. Where do I get a 12 volt battery for the right angle impact driver? Can't find them anywhere.

2. Do the new Li ion batteries work with the older tools... aka X2 drill?

3. Can old batteries be reconditioned and where to get it done?

Thanks

Re: Battery Questions

3. Can old batteries be reconditioned. If they are normal Ni-Cad cell type they can normally be opened up and new cells can be installed inside them. Look in your yellow pages under Batteries - Storage - Wholesale and try calling places. Also, There is a national chain of walk-in stores called Batteries Plus that rebuilds power tool and other battery packs.

http://www/batteriesplus.com

Comment

Thanks... I'll give it a try.

Comment

Please watch this video and you may want to call them up too. This shows you how a DeWalt 18 Volt Ni-Cad battery pack gets new insides put into it. They are a bit crazy for a good laugh but you'll get the idea of how it's done during the serious part.

www.voltmanbatteries.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ThF...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by StrangeLuv View Post
          I have questions

1. Where do I get a 12 volt battery for the right angle impact driver? Can't find them anywhere.
          ............Here http://www.cpoprotools.com/products/...oogle130252002 Also eBay and Amazon
          Yes...All 18V batteries and tools are interchangable.
          ..........Others on this thread have provided that answer.
          Thanks
          Good luck....Ray

Comment

Originally posted by StrangeLuv View Post
            I have questions

Thanks
            1. I have seen them from time to time at my local HD stores, both in Ontario, Canada, and in Michigan. I think they're right around $50 for a replacement standard 12 volt ni-cad for the right angle impact. If you can't find them at your local store, have them look up the SKU and see if they can do a store-to-store order/shipment for you.

2. Yes. If it's the same voltage, it will work no matter the chemistry type.

3. Yes. As Woussko said, Batteries Plus is a good chain. I have used them before - much better and cheaper than buying a new battery pack. Still not completely dirt cheap, but a good bargain that is well worth it as a tool investment. There are multiple places out there that can do this - if they sell custom batteries and/or install batteries and electrical systems, they can usually reman your battery packs. It's as simple as them removing the old cells and soldering in new ones.

Comment

Working...
            X