Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have spare blades from the Ridgid MaxSelect Planer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have spare blades from the Ridgid MaxSelect Planer?

Hey all - does anyone have a spare set of new blades for the Ridgid MaxSelect planer that they wouldn't mind selling? I need to get a new set, as I happened to find some metal with my blades, and made quite a mess of them. The tool I'm talking about is the R888, and the part numbers for the blades are 302151001. I'd like to get two sets of blades (4 total). Please let me know if you have any you'd like to sell. I haven't yet looked into the cost replacement of these through Ridgid. Anyone have any price info on these?

Re: Does anyone have spare blades from the Ridgid MaxSelect Planer?

Ouch. Burn. I just did a parts lookup through Ridgid's electronic parts catalog, and here's what I got:
    Type: TTI
    Part ID: 302151001
    Description: BLADE SPIRAL PLANER L=82MM (SE
    Qty: 1
    Unit Price: $19.50
    Available: 1
    So, what I get from that is that these blades are being charged at $19.50 a piece(!!!!!), and stock showing is only one, which makes me currently SOL for getting at least the needed two of these, if not the four that I want.

Anyone have any better ideas/sourcing??

Comment

Of course I don't know for sure but it doesn't make much sense that they would sell those blades in anything less than a set.

I'm not sure if they ship to CA or not but M&D has them a little cheaper.
      Last edited by BadgerDave; 07-20-2009, 08:23 AM.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I hate to say this but chek E-Bay...they have them there pretty cheap...

Comment

Try Outdoor distributors

www.outdoorditributors.com

item# 302151001
          1 "pair" [2ea] spiral planer blades

$13.28

They add insurance, shipping when you order

I'd suggest you order two sets as they reduce the shipping costs

Cactus Man
          Last edited by cactusman; 07-20-2009, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
            Ouch. Burn. I just did a parts lookup through Ridgid's electronic parts catalog, and here's what I got:
            Type: TTI
            Part ID: 302151001
            Description: BLADE SPIRAL PLANER L=82MM (SE
            Qty: 1
            Unit Price: $19.50
            Available: 1
            So, what I get from that is that these blades are being charged at $19.50 a piece(!!!!!), and stock showing is only one, which makes me currently SOL for getting at least the needed two of these, if not the four that I want.

Anyone have any better ideas/sourcing??
            You sure their Qty of 1 is not really for a pair? Seems strange that they would be sold individually.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

they are sold as one pair, one set of two, two blades, two each of one blade.

I have yet to find any company not selling a set of replacement blades for their planers etc.
              If they sold one blade at a time for a tool that uses two or three blades..well that would cause a riot!

Cactus Man

Comment

Thanks all for your input. I will check out each of those sources.

And yes, it does seem weird and strange, and presumably yes that would be for one pair. But, then again, it does only say, "Qty: 1". It should read, "Qty: 1 pair" if that's the case, as this obviously would cause a little bit of a hassle/problem.

Comment

Working...
                X