X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing a sawzall style saw

I have a corded Makita Reciprocating Saw. It is the entery level model. I am not even they still sell it anymore. It came with a hard case and a bag. I purchased back in 2003 for 109.00 dollars us. It was on sale. I lent it to my brother-in-law and he abused it way too much, he cut the shoe up and the rubber cover some how.

Anyways I am looking to replace it and up grade at the same time. I want it to be corded. I tried the cordless model from craftsman 19.2 volt, and hated it.
    I want it to have quick change blade, without need of a allan key.

I do lean toward Ridgid tools because I own mostly those with the except of a couple. But this would be my first corded tool purchase since I purchased my first Circular saw that did not coem from walmart. I have a makita 71/4 saw and would never buy another one but by them.

I want a saw that is for light to medium work, I do not use one every day or every week but when I need it I want to know it will do the job. My Makita is light duty. I want soemthign with some power and will not over heat from the work. My Makita does get hot, sometimes too hot to hold on to.

So what models do you recommend and why. I do not like dewalt just a personal thing. My ex wife's family owned a hardware store and i could never get a deal there on anything, so I went for craftsman, then makita once they sold the store off. I got Ridgid when i came back to Canada after being in the US for 5 years.
    what do you guys suggest I look at and why?
    Thanks in advance
    Stuart

Re: replacing a sawzall style saw

Milwaukee makes the best recip. saws.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

This is my favorite recip saw

http://www.castlewholesalers.com/POR...Saw-11-5A.html

http://www.toolsofthetrade.org/indus...ticleID=501101

If I wasn't buying it I'd be buying a Milwaukee.
      Last edited by rofl; 07-25-2009, 02:39 PM.

Comment

The Makita JR3070CT is the best recip-saw on the market. It has real anti vibration counter balancing system inside. There is also 3 settings to adjust the orbit of the cut...makes demo work much easier. Many people recommend this saw if they have ever used it.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          Milwaukee makes the best recip. saws.

Have used many brands and sorry to say Ridgid is not good in recip saws. DeWalt is also second rate, broken a couple, would not buy them again. My Milwaukee's are great, both corded and cordless. On my older corded model the switch is too small, but now they have a better trigger. Over the long haul you can not beat the true Sawzall. The counter weight system is fine on my models , do not know what would make the Makita a "true" system over the Sawzall.

Comment

Originally posted by workerbob View Post
            The Makita JR3070CT is the best recip-saw on the market. It has real anti vibration counter balancing system inside. There is also 3 settings to adjust the orbit of the cut...makes demo work much easier. Many people recommend this saw if they have ever used it.
            I also vouch for Makita over Milwaukee.

Comment

The Milwaukee Sawzall is the go-to standard, and the newer versions are quite purty also. However, I enjoy using and am quite happy with my Ridgid MaxSelect recip saw. That said, I use them with the 24 XLi batteries (using it with the 18 volt batts are a joke), and you can't get this tool in Canada anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X