R5013 or R7111

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R5013 or R7111

I just purchased the R7111 . I wanted a drill that had enough torque to be able to raise up my tent camper. After trying out several differant manf. This is the only drill that would do the job. My question is I really wanted a Hammer drill, R5013 Do you no if the R5013 would perform as good for my purpose as the R7111. And still give me the added advantage of having the hammer drill.

Re: R5013 or R7111

I don't know the answer to your question but if you go the www.ridgid.com and check each of the Owners Manuals for those drills you may find that info in them.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Thank you for your response. I have read the manuals for each. I found out that you can't always go by the numbers in the specs.It was only after testing out many drills that I got lucky and found the R7111.I may have to go purchase a R5013 to do a comparison side by side to get my own answer. I was hoping that someone might have already done the comparison, saving me the trouble of trying out 1 more drill. Phil

Comment

Phil......I believe that this time the answer is in the specs. The R7111 has a maximum RPM of 850 which indicates it is geared for very high torque and also why it provides the power to raise your camper.
        The R5023 has a maximum RPM of 2700 which indicates a much lower maximum torque although the drills look similar. The R5023 probably would not work for the camper...Ray

Comment

Working...
        X