X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross border warranty

Hi guys new poster here. I've been lurking for a bit gathering information on the TS3660.

I live in Canada but my wife is considering a trip to the states this weekend. I've got a birthday coming up and she knows I've been jonesing for the saw so she suggested we pick it up in the US while we are there as it is a few bucks cheaper.

The savings isn't huge though and I'm concerned that there may be issues with trying to register for the LSA on a saw purchased in another country (not withstanding any issues in the 90 day warranty period which would necessitate another trip across the border).

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge as to whether the LSA is transferable across borders? Or, more technically correct, if I can purchase in the US but still register for the LSA in Canada?

If it's going to be too much hassle I'll just find a saw here in Canada and pay the difference. It's really not that much....but hey! if I can save a few bucks....that's just more wood right?

Re: Cross border warranty

As far as I know there is no border issue at all with the LLSA. As long as you have an Authorized Ridgid Service Center that you can bring your saw to, and it's properly registered into the LLSA Program, there shouldn't be any hassles. You might have some difficulties finding a TS3660 though as Ridgid has discontinued that saw, at least here in the States.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks BadgerDave.

I have seen the rumors of the TS3660's demise but there are conflicting reports as to whether it has truly gone the way of the Do-do or not. Perhaps it's because it's been discontinued in the US but still available elsewhere. None of the orange aprons here in Canada were aware that it was discontinued. It is still on both the Ridgid and HD.ca sites.

Comment

BigM555...FWIW, i have a new, in the box, never been used or registered, ts3660 that i am wiling to sell. i can also provide a register receipt so it can be registered for the LSA. if you are interested, and will be within 3hrs. of NYC, i would be willing to drive that far from NYC to facilitate delivery.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

That's a great and generous offer Finer9998 but I don't foresee being within 3 hours of NYC. We're only headed over for a day trip and I couldn't see making it much beyond Binghamton. Honestly, we are more likely to be headed toward Michigan. It's about a 3 hour drive to the NY state border for me. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BigM555 View Post
            Does anyone have any experience or knowledge as to whether the LSA is transferable across borders? Or, more technically correct, if I can purchase in the US but still register for the LSA in Canada?
            Yes, you will be fine. I myself have purchased multiple tools in HD stores in Michigan, and have registered them for the LLSA with no issues. The LLSA fineprint just says original owner, bought new at authorized retail store, etc. It says nothing at all about whichever country you buy in, etc. Also, there's nothing that states that if you need LLSA/warranty work, that it needs to be done in the region that you purchased it (ie - Michigan), but that it can be done at any service center near you. So, no issues - myself, and multiple friends and family members that I've turned on to Ridgid have not have any issues with doing the same thing that you are asking about.

All that said, yes, make sure you call the stores ahead of time, as the TS3660 is harder to find now, as BadgerDave said. But, if you do find it, it may be even cheaper, with markdowns and such. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X