X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power washer, pressure relese ?

I have an obstruction in the tip of my 3000psi Ridged Power washer.
    Blockage is 100%
    The hose and wand are both under pressure, I gave it over night to see if it would dissipate enough to disconnect but no go.

Does anyone know...Is there a pressure bleed valve/ screw of some type on this pump?

Re: Power washer, pressure relese ?

Try tie wraping the trigger open overnight.
    Edit: Take a look at step 4 in your assembly instrucrtions, where you attach the metal end of the wand to the trigger assembly. You attach the metal end to the trigger assembly by hand tightening a drak grey plastic nut. Loosen that nut a couple of turns. Then wiggle the metal end. This will let some pressure past the o ring without having to worry about anything blowing apart.
    Last edited by mikey00; 08-03-2009, 09:11 AM.

Comment

unscrew a fitting or hose off (the quick connect if there is one), is what I would probably try to do,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc4 View Post
        I have an obstruction in the tip of my 3000psi Ridged Power washer.
        Blockage is 100%
        The hose and wand are both under pressure, I gave it over night to see if it would dissipate enough to disconnect but no go.

Does anyone know...Is there a pressure bleed valve/ screw of some type on this pump?
        If the obstruction is in the tip, I would say to take the changeable tip off (the wand's trigger should be holding the pressure), and then after the tip is off, drain off the pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
          If the obstruction is in the tip, I would say to take the changeable tip off (the wand's trigger should be holding the pressure), and then after the tip is off, drain off the pressure.
          Changeable tip won't come off under pressure. When tip is 100% blocked it stays under pressure even when trigger is released. You need to find a point to release the pressure. That's why I suggested the point where the metal wand connects to the trigger. It has a plastic hand nut and o ring. If you loosen the nut a couple of turns and then wiggle the metal wand it should let some pressure slide by the o ring.

Comment

I agree on trying to release the pressure by carefully loosening a threaded connection such as the hose. I surely wouldn't try to pull the tip off at captured high pressure. Later!

Comment

Noted. Thank you. While yes, as I was thinking, the trigger mechanism would be holding the majority of the pressure that's built up in the hose and the machine, I forgot about the pressure that would be built up within the wand itself. I too then agree with the loosening of the different wand pieces, to get a slight pressure relief in there. The only thing is, is that this method may cause the o-ring in this threaded assembly to tear appart a little bit due to the heavy pressure that would be put on it. Possible, but also not possible. Just be sure to check that rubber/silicone o-ring for damage after.

Comment

Remember water is not compressible so you should only have to vent off a small amount of water to drop the pressure considerably.

Wear some eye protection please. Sounds stupid but it sure beats an eye injury.

Besides, our health care costs are through the roof, you've got to do what you can to keep costs down.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I leave a very small leak at the QD at the pump end, just a drop every 10 seconds or so while under full pressure, it usually will stop leaking when the pressure drops. This also will allow the pressure to release when you are running the engine and not spraying. Easier on the pump and engine. I think it is a good safety feature too. There is a fitting that will do this avail. from pressure washer parts houses.

Comment

Working...
                  X