X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Center Listing

After reading countless post's about Service Centers issues related to Ridgid's site listing service centers that no longer participate in repairing Ridgid tools. I thought it may be somewhat productive to start a thread that everyone can post information about their local service centers that no longer service Ridgid tools.

This information should eventually be complied, and sorted by state. A moderator should sticky this thread for easy access for anyone in the future that has a question.

Feel free to post away!

Re: Service Center Listing

None of that would be necessary if Ridgid would just update their own listings. I have yet to have any of my Ridgid tools break and need service but if one did break I doubt if I'd go looking for a sticky thread to locate the nearest service center. There definitely is a need for an accurate and current listing of Service Centers but I'm not sure that a thread is the best way to do it.

Ridgid knows which service centers they currently authorize to do repair and warranty work for them. Adding and removing names from their listing could easily be accomplished on a daily basis if needed. Rocket science its not.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

As reported on this forum there does seem to be a disparity in the quality of service at many of the service centers around the country. "They" say that people are more apt to report a negative experience than a positive one so what we see on this forum may be skewed due to that tendency. Even though we have seen a number of reports on this forum with people expressing disatisfaction with Ridgid service centers I am not sure if this is really a large number considering the fact that there are thousands of Home Depot stores selling millions of Ridgid tools.
      With that said I do believe it would be beneficial to the members of this forum to see some information posted regarding members experiances at various service centers. Maybe something could be put in place where the member would list the name of the service center and their experiance regarding several factors including (1)professionalism of staff(2)length of time for repair or replacement (3) parts in stock or required ordering and other criteria.
      Maybe bringing some of these service centers under the spotlight would help to provide an incentive for better service and help Ridgid make decisions regarding which service centers are performing well or not.
      I support Knxrus suggestion for a moderator posted sticky for collecting and posting this information. I also agree with wbrooks below posting regarding positive experiances and Badger Dave's staement that to date I have had no problems with any of our Ridgid tools and therefor have no experience with service centers. In case I do have problems I think it would be nice to have feedback from members to help chose which service center in our area to use...Ray
      Last edited by roadrashray; 08-05-2009, 09:48 AM.

Comment

I'll try this a different way

I would rather post positive experiences rather than negative

We also have to be careful as some centers stopped servicing the power tools but still service the plumbing machines

Anyone near or traveling to the GTA should use this repair center.

Professional, very fast, parts in stock

THE TOOL DOCTOR</B>
        70 MILNER AVE - UNIT 2
        SCARBOROUGH
        ON, Canada
        M1S 3P8
        TEL: 416 292 2290
        Fax: 14162921202

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          None of that would be necessary if Ridgid would just update their own listings. I have yet to have any of my Ridgid tools break and need service but if one did break I doubt if I'd go looking for a sticky thread to locate the nearest service center. There definitely is a need for an accurate and current listing of Service Centers but I'm not sure that a thread is the best way to do it.

Ridgid knows which service centers they currently authorize to do repair and warranty work for them. Adding and removing names from their listing could easily be accomplished on a daily basis if needed. Rocket science its not.
          RIDGID is terrible at updating anything on their web site! There are products that cannot be researched on their web site, makes no sense.

Comment

Working...
          X