No announcement yet.

MS1290LZA Dustbag

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS1290LZA Dustbag

Bought the 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw yesterday.
    I found out rather quickly that the dust collection system does not work. The dustbag was as empty after using the saw all afternoon as it was when i unpacked the new saw.
    The elbow and bag are installed as shown in the manual.
    Is there a update regarding this issue.
    Thanks for all help and info

Re: MS1290LZA Dustbag

Yep.....and unfortunately no one else makes one that is functional either. We have had the same saw you just purchased for a couple of years and the dust collector is worthless unless we have it hooked into our shop dust collection system. We have a couple of Makita miter saws and they have the same issue's. Virtually every brand of miter saw I have used has the same problem. I believe if you did a search on this forum you would find many posts expressing the same frustration. Some posters have claimed a benefit by hooking a shop vac to the port. Good luck...Ray

Dust collection on almost all miter saws from all manufacturers...................pretty much nonexistent as they come from the factory. Ridgid is certainly not alone here.
      ================================================== ====
      All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

I get it......but it's such a large'd think at least some dust would end up inside it.
        Thanks for the reply's. At least now i know it's not just me installing the the elbow and bag wrong.

Nope, not wrong, it's just best to use a wet/dry vac.

Methinks, since they all don't work worth a crap but they still all include them, is that the primary design reasons is that the "dust collection" port is there and is primarily intended to be hooked up to a vaccuum / actual dust collection system. I think the bags are just included as a special "why not" accessory, so that there's at least something to put on there if you're not going to bother hooking it up to an actual dust collection system.

I think if the bag wasn't included, then people would whine, stating that the manufacturer is trying to force them to also pony up for a dust collection system. So, the bag, useless as it is, is there to shut people up pre-emptively.

Just a little theory of mine.