Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 3000psi pressure washers

Hello everyone,

I'm new and had a couple of questions on two pressure washers.

The Ridgid 80701, which is referenced quite often in this forum, states it has a CAT pump and when selecting the specifications tab I get the following pump type:
    Pump Type : Direct Drive 3-Piston Axial Cam, with Brass Head

When looking at the Ridgid 80903 it also states the same PSI, GPM, and CAT pump but on the spec tab I get the following:
    Pump Type : Triplex

The latter is $50 more at $599 through HD and I'm just wondering what the difference is between the two pumps if any? The titles on both products say "CAT pump" but the specs looks different.

Also, are you guys fine with the Subaru motor? I'm used to Honda motors but haven't owned a Subaru motor appliance.

Thanks everyone!

Re: Ridgid 3000psi pressure washers

Any CAT pump should be good.I just bought the 80701.Ridgid manual stinks due to lack of info on pump and other things.Suburu engine seems to run fine in the little time I used it.

Comment

CAT does not make any axial cam pumps. Are you sure it said that? Buy a triplex, ceramic piston pump, they have a linear cam ,connecting rods, similar to my BMW K1 MC "the brick engine" as on many engine designs. Axial is a rotary design[eccentric] and less durable. CAT also makes plunger pumps which cost more and are not used on Ridgid PW's.

here is a similar CAT; http://www.catpumps.com/select/pdfs/3DX30GSI.pdf
      Last edited by Andrew M.; 08-08-2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks very much for the responses. And yes, I'm sure it says that. I've copied the link below. Still not sure what the difference is between the two model numbers nor if one's newer than the other.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...o9&R=100663195

just select the "specifications" tab at the link above and you'll see the axial cam pump description...

Comment

Originally posted by whyjay91 View Post
          Thanks very much for the responses. And yes, I'm sure it says that. I've copied the link below. Still not sure what the difference is between the two model numbers nor if one's newer than the other.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...o9&R=100663195

just select the "specifications" tab at the link above and you'll see the axial cam pump description...
          The HD.com web site is not always accurate especially on specs. That "axial cam " is not correct. It is a linear cam, pistons, connecting rods, not a "rotary enginge style" like on the cheaper model which had problems and is discontinued.

Look at the .PDF I posted on the schematic.

Comment

Thanks so much for the reply.

I went to my local home depot and low and behold an RD80763 was sitting on the shelf, new, with a price of $499 (2008 model). 3300 psi 2.8gpm with the CAT pump. Jumped on it.

THanks again for everyone's responses.

Comment

Working...
            X