Fein MultiMaster Price

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fein MultiMaster Price

Since the patent ran out on the Multimaster I have been waiting for Fein to drop the price since other companies are producing clones. No such luck!

After visiting ToolSnob and checking out their reviews I am considering the Rockwell Sonicrafter. http://www.toolsnob.com/archives/200...undup.php#more

Does anyone have any experience with Rockwell unit, company or tools?
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Re: Fein MultiMaster Price

I've never used it but I know old Rockwell stuff was really good. We had a Rockwell table saw in high school that was older than me and it was awesome. I think they are actually Rockwell delta and delta is owned by Black and Decker now. Do you use the multimaster in plumbing? I've used it before doing finish carpentry.

Comment

Harbor freight has one on sale for $29.00!!!! regular price $39.00

I looked at the various multitools and figured I'd try the Harbor Freight unit.
      The speed is around 11,000rpm and does run hot.

I have picked up a variety of blades etc at Harbor freight...$5.99

I have used the tool three times now and I'm very satisfied with its operation.

Of course the Fein, Sonicade, Bosch, and others are likely better quality.

Finally do a search on e-bay, there is another non recognized brand that runs
      at under $200.00

Cactus Man

Comment

I have been using my HF clone for over a year now with no complaints, it does run hot and the RPMs are less, but even in a commercial environment it has not given me one problem...I figured if it lasted a year, I could buy almost 10 of them for the price of the Fein, which would cover 10 years...and that will do me through the end of my time working on wood! I paid $49 for mine a year ago, so at $29 that is a good deal..

Comment

I know old Rockwell stuff was really good.
          The old Rockwell and the new have nothing in common except the name as far as I know.

The old Rockwell became Delta Machinery which is now merged with Porter-Cable.

The new Rockwell appears to be nothing more than a front for Chinese tool manufacturer.

From their site:
          Rockwell tools are a part of the Positec Group of companies which have been designing, engineering and manufacturing tools since 1994. http://www.positecindustrial.com/

Positec Power Tools (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.
          No.461, Ganjiang East Road, Canglang
          China
          "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

I bought a dremel, http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Tools/Pa...?pid=Multi-Max l, and used it on a tongue and groove fir wood floor patching in where two walls had been removed, (cutting and stair stepping back the flooring strips, pocket cuts). and ran it for close to 4 hrs continuously, and was pleased with tool, It felt or feels a little light weight, but if not pushed, it seemed to work and function and preform very well.

how it compares to the Fein I do not know as I have never had one to use.
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I have the Fien and it does everything claimed in the advertising plus more. Totally awsome little machine.
              info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I have a dremel also 99$ bucks
                One of my favorite tools

Comment

Originally posted by Marklar89 View Post
                  Do you use the multimaster in plumbing? I've used it before doing finish carpentry.
                  Never used one yet, but I really feel it would make my job a little easier, and I'm all for that, since I do service work.

Here are a few jobs I done recently that I would have loved to have one:

Had to recess a medicine cabinet mirror over a vanity in the wall and needed to cut the nails on the opposite wall to remove the stud. I did it with a recip.

Had to install a receptical for a garbage disposal under a sink. Used a drill and a jigsaw.

Had to replace a shower drain. Unfortunately, when I went into the crawl space they did not cut floor large enough to remove or install a new drain, so I had to make the hole larger. Talk about nerve racking. Used a hole saw without a pilot bit.

Maybe I just want a new tool.
                  Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I bought the Rockwell from Sears about six months ago. I use it a couple times a week and it works well for me. Mostly flush cutting door jams, base moulding and cutting caulk lines on plumbing fixtures. I have no doubt the Fein is better and if the tool was crucial to my job, I would buy it. But for what I'm doing, I'll take the Rockwell kit for $179.

Comment

The buttheads at Fein could be crushing the competition if they were smart enough to price their blades reasonably. Though good performers they are over-priced.

But since they want so much for the tool, and are greedy on the price of the blades, they have created room for a sub-market that will eat away at their customer base and eventually bring them down off their high horse.

That said I have the Fein Multi-Master and love its quality and performance. Still hate paying an arm or leg for the blades though.
                      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

i bought the dremel one and love it. i have used the piss out of it with no issues. have cut 2x4s with it and its never stopped working.

Comment

If you buy Fein @399 or Rocwell @179 they will worth your money. The quality of them are good . Fein is best , rockwell is also ok.

Just choose which brand you like.
                          rockwell sonicraft |rockwell sonicrafter|fein fmm blade |power tool|Fein top|tools

Comment

I bought a Fein a few years ago before they got cloned. Another forum member here told me to get the non-variable speed non-quick change starter model and I would not regret it. I sure didn't. It is built like a tank and never even once gave me a second of problem. I used it daily before I became an indoor cat and got out of the field.

I got mine on amazon. It was just under $200 if I remember right. One of those purchases you only regret not making sooner--it paid for itself very quickly. I have not compared it to the other brands, but if you think you will use it often, and you probably will use it more than you think, it is a joy to have such a well built machine in your hands.

Eli

PS Do factor in blades though, they are fragile and only take one split second mistake to file all the teeth off on a hidden screw etc. The multi master versions are obscenely priced, if there are clones of those now it might neutralize that aspect of your decision, but if not don't take blade replacement cost lightly.
                            Last edited by woodenstickers; 08-12-2009, 03:09 PM.
                            A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

1 vote for rockwell sonicrafter .. It is a price competitive tool actually.
                              rockwell sonicraft |rockwell sonicrafter|fein fmm blade |power tool|Fein top|tools

Comment

Working...
                              X