Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Home depot discontinuing Ridgid saws?

I called the 800 number on the rebate and asked about the Cold Fire accessories and they said as long as the package said Cold Fire it was OK. Worst case would be that the saw cost me $425 and a over priced cobalt 1/16" drill bit for $2.37.
    With the Lifetime Service Agreement I think $425 is "acceptable". (Not sure what all is covered under the Lifetime Service Agreement, but it sure sounds good.)

Comment

Originally posted by techwriter View Post
      Well, I guess I better take really good care of my 4511! I'm guessing replacement marbletops won't be an option in a few years if something unfortunate were to happen.
      Its beginning to sound like the move to the stone age wasn't such a good idea after all. Maybe it would have been better to stick with the 3660 and update the design and turn it into a cabinet saw with a riving knife, better fence, improved dust collection, and more power.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I just caught this forum tonight and I too have looked for the saw but after registering, I see forums that they are no longer carrying the saws? I just got to where I can buy one and they are gone. that's sad. I don't know even where to begin on my search for another saw in the price range and I would like. I liked the fence set up and it seemed so solid and the table had a decent saw cut length. most I do see dont have the width I need to build cabinets from my home on the side. the ones that would work are priced way to high for my starting budget. it has taken me years just to have decent tools and now my quest calls for a saw that fits my needs. what I mean by that is now I am trying to bring in work seeing that my current job has cut back but demands jobs done in a shorter length in time. cutting the fat I guess you would call it. I did email Ridgid seeing if the word is true and is there another way to get one but not out of a reasonable way. I only know that HD carries the brand but I don't know if anyone else does.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabinetmaker19 View Post
          I just caught this forum tonight and I too have looked for the saw but after registering, I see forums that they are no longer carrying the saws? I just got to where I can buy one and they are gone. that's sad. I don't know even where to begin on my search for another saw in the price range and I would like. I liked the fence set up and it seemed so solid and the table had a decent saw cut length. most I do see dont have the width I need to build cabinets from my home on the side. the ones that would work are priced way to high for my starting budget. it has taken me years just to have decent tools and now my quest calls for a saw that fits my needs. what I mean by that is now I am trying to bring in work seeing that my current job has cut back but demands jobs done in a shorter length in time. cutting the fat I guess you would call it. I did email Ridgid seeing if the word is true and is there another way to get one but not out of a reasonable way. I only know that HD carries the brand but I don't know if anyone else does.
          I was in Home Depot #349 in Kenner La. (New Orleans area) last night they had 2 of the granite top table saws on clearance for $299 each (a week ago they only had one no idea where the second one came from) . If you really want one it might be worth a drive down there . Their phone # is (504)464-9200 Just remember it weighs 477 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabinetmaker19 View Post
            I Feel your pain... HD is the only source and I'm sure they are pretty much all gone. I had to go to 3 HD's to find mine and that was way before they were being sold for $299. (I paid $450). I was previously ready to pull the trigger on the Ridgid 3660, but like you, I waited too long....

Comment

Working...
            X