X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home depot discontinuing Ridgid saws?

I had been looking at the Ridgid R4511 saw (10" w/granite tabletop) at Home Depot a few months ago. I was hesitant to buy it because I wasn't sure about the granite tabletop, and I couldn't tell if it had a riving knife (since then, I've run across some forum posts that say it does have a riving knife). I finally decided that granite would be okay.

I just looked for it again on the Home Depot website a couple of weeks ago and noticed they no longer list it! In fact, the only Ridgid saws they list on their website now are the portable one (TS2410) and a refurb 3650. I also visited the store and they had no full-size table saws at all--just portable ones.

Does anyone know what the deal is? Does this just mean Ridgid is refreshing their product line and I have to wait for the new saws to come out? If not, is there anyplace else I can get a 4511 saw, or was it recalled for some reason?

Re: Home depot discontinuing Ridgid saws?

don't confuse HD online(website) with the retail stores. there are products shown online that are not available in the stores, and vice versa. IMHO, not a very helpful situation, but i see nothing in the stores that would indicate the 4511 is about to become the next 3660.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I just bought a r4511 last week at my local HD, and they had one more on the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by intelligen View Post
        I had been looking at the Ridgid R4511 saw (10" w/granite tabletop) at Home Depot a few months ago. I was hesitant to buy it because I wasn't sure about the granite tabletop, and I couldn't tell if it had a riving knife (since then, I've run across some forum posts that say it does have a riving knife). I finally decided that granite would be okay.

I just looked for it again on the Home Depot website a couple of weeks ago and noticed they no longer list it! In fact, the only Ridgid saws they list on their website now are the portable one (TS2410) and a refurb 3650. I also visited the store and they had no full-size table saws at all--just portable ones.

Does anyone know what the deal is? Does this just mean Ridgid is refreshing their product line and I have to wait for the new saws to come out? If not, is there anyplace else I can get a 4511 saw, or was it recalled for some reason?
        I don't think any of this leads to a need to start a thread with the title, "Home Depot discontinuing Ridgid saws?" - that's a fairly noticable title, and there's nothing from your post that leads to that conclusion (like maybe a store rep telling you so, etc., etc.) Just because your store didn't necessarily have the stock you were expecting, and at the current time (there's ebbs and flows in retail stock, as well as with the webpage listings), doesn't lead to this conclusion.

I'm not trying to come down on you, but it seems a little bit sensationalistic (if that's a word), and it may potentially deter someone who is trolling around on the forum, and not knowing better, from buying this tool.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I'll try checking a few more stores to see if they're still selling the saw.

Canucksartech: I wasn't trying to be sensationalistic, so I apologize if it came across that way. I'm not trolling; I just can't find a place that carries the granite-top table saw now, even though i could find them before. I know if I wanted to buy a product and I saw a thread with this title, I'd at least read the thread to see if there's any need for concern.

Several months ago, Home Depot's website carried new Ridgid saws. My local store also carried them. Now the website doesn't even list them, and there's not even a display or shelf space for them at my local store. They used to have them; now they don't. When a product is out of stock, I'm used to seeing empty shelf space in the store or seeing the product listed as "backordered" on the store's website.

The Home Depot website and stores seem to be the only places I used to find new Ridgid products (or, at least, the products I've looked at), so it's pretty alarming to see a product go missing without any replacement model.

If you know of a moderator who can edit the title, I'm okay with that--I tried and it doesn't look like I can change it.

Comment

No worries. Thanks, noted. And I didn't mean to come down on you - welcome to the forum, too.

Now, there's just been a webpage redesign that's happened, so I'm not sure if maybe there's a few pages/products that haven't been added yet due to the listings pages still being redesigned/updated. That could be one possible reason, but Josh or ProBrand would be better suited to answer that one.

The other thing is, is that this saw is a fairly large and fairly expensive product. So, considering these things are ordered from China and shipped, etc., your area could just be at a point where there are no more on the shelves right now - supply and demand. That could be a reason across multiple regions, who knows. But as of yet, we haven't heard of any possibility of this item being discontinued or replaced.

A similar thing happened with the new Ridgid pressure washers last summer. They came out, up here in southern Ontario even, last August. When they came out, the 3000 psi unit was on sale (some HD reps even said "clearanced", which leads the mind to think). So they sold like hotcakes - supply and demand and all that jazz - and before you know it, no one up here could find them. Dozens of units per store had been brought in, and then gone. And they weren't seen on the store shelves again until late this spring, and in the meantime, they weren't listed on HD's webpage for a bit.

I think maybe these things may be getting pulled from the webpages for a bit, while they wait for more stock to arrive on the ships from afar. It's probably easier for HD to not list it at all on the webpage, so people can't order/pre-order it, rather than to have people see it on there but not available. Just a thought.

Again, ProBrand and/or Josh may be better suited to answer this concern, but my impression is just a supply issue.

Comment

i read the headline here and thought maybe someone is agreeing with me. The sheer lack of stock in Home Depots who are the sole supplier of Ridgid powertools in Canada. Does make me wonder. But I have not seen anything from anyone of the Ridgid reps here saying otherwise, that HD is not dumping them or not ordering as much. Hard to sell a product to the DIYER or the contractor if he cannot find the tools on the shelf or on the floor at your only supplier.
              I have looked for certain tools in my area and cannot find them.
              Here is what I found last weekend at 3 Home Depots in the Ottawa Ontario.
              I foudn the auto shift drill with Lith batteries, corded drills, Recip saws corded, the 12 sliding, 12 and 10 inch chop saws and some tablesaws, sanders might of been a 7 1/4 circluar . I did not see a single set of 18 volt cordless kits, no impact guns, no 14.4 batteries. no single battery charger for the nicads, did see one double charger on the reduced table, and the bigger 18 volt nicads 2 battery sets on the reduced table( i got a set for 75 bucks)
              Where are the tools? You want to sell me a product, have the products in the market. They say sales at lumberyards and hardware stores are up because of the tax credit program well, the people buying the material needs tools to use the materials...so market the tools better or make a deal with a new dealer to sell them.
              just my opinion

Comment

My saw is one of the recalled ones. When I talked to the Ridgid Rep he said they were discontinuing them because it cost too much to ship them. When I spoke to the recall rep he confirmed it. He said they were too heavy and occasionally one of the top pieces were broken during shipment and they were finding out the replacement granite was too hard to match up with the original. He is having a hard time getting someone out to repair my saw because the one person who might be able to do it is on vacation. I was told if I wanted to I could take mine back to HD and they would exchange it. He said he would send me an 18v combo pack for my troubles (refurb of course). Good to know in case they can't actually get someone out here.

Comment

Well, I guess I better take really good care of my 4511! I'm guessing replacement marbletops won't be an option in a few years if something unfortunate were to happen.

Comment

Another aspect to this topic not discussed is "demographics".

Not all Home Depot stores are created the same! Nor do they carry the same inventory.

Even the layout of the stores can vary.
                    Regarding products, well, it depends upon where the store is located.

For example..near a highway a Home Depot carries Hilti tools. The stores nested within neighborhoods do not! Those stores in the neighborhood have a larger garden area.
                    Since more contractors are running up and down the highway to jobs the store by the highway carries a much larger lumber department etc.

I'm also frustrated with the Home Depot on the internet not in concert with the stores! Even the SKU and order numbers differ to where you can't cross reference anything easily. It sure would be helpful to do an inventory search before burning gas running around town looking for that phantom product. Sears, Best Buy can provide that information..Why not home Depot or for that matter Lowe's???? both of their websites are poor with respect to
                    the sites of 2009!

Cactus Man

Comment

I wouldn't doubt if they are discontinuing the saw. This seems to be exactly what happened when the 3650 and 3660 went out. They all of the sudden dropped the prices on them and then you couldn't find them on the internet, and wala, they were gone. The 4511 just had a big price drop now and it seems multiple people are having a hard time finding them in stock. My local HD has one still, but it has probably been there for a while. I bought a 3650 a couple of years ago and I love it, but it's frustrating to see that I paid $500 for it (with a coupon) and then all the sudden the 3660 comes out and then goes on sale for like $400, and now the 4511 is marked down to $500. I could have saved a lot of money if I could see into the future, lol. I was sad to see the 3650 and 3660 go, they were great saws and had cast iron tops. I don't know about the granite yet.

Comment

I pulled the trigger on a 4511 last night and it was the last one in the store that was still in a box. They stated that they were being closed out and would not be getting any new ones. They had no idea what or if something would replace it.
                        For me buying this saw for $400 (after the Friends and Family rebate) was a no brainer. Also purchased a 1/16" Cold Fire drill bit to kick the rebate to 20%. Good news is I will also get 20% off of the $2.37 bit.

Comment

I think the small print was that accessories are not in the deal.

Comment

Roadster,

make sure you read all of the fine print.

Qualifying promotional purchase items include: tile saws, power tools, pneumatic nailers,
                            RIDGID® compressor (model number OL50145MW only), RIDGID® Cold Fire accessories and
                            RIDGID® Mag Switch Accessories. This offer EXCLUDES purchase of wet/dry vacs, lawn &
                            garden/outdoor products, generators, pressure washers, plumbing, electrical cords, storage
                            chests and RIDGID® accessories.

Kevin

Comment

Aha! Cold Fire included. My bad. I bought a bandsaw to get over the $500

Comment

Working...
                              X