X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email to Ridgid gone unanswered

I have been wondering why email send thru this website to Ridgid goes unanswered.
    I emailed asking why the selection of cordless tools in Home Depot Stores in Canada is getting smaller and smaller. I have been to at least 4 Stores in my area and found less and less stock on the shelves. There has not been any of the 18 volt sets on display. Where the displays of other brands of cordless tool and Ridgid tools were on the displaywall. Ridgid has lots its place, been replaced by another brand.
    There has been a real lack of slection in stock. Only cordless drill I can find is the auto shift model unless HD is having a sale. There was a 18 volt hammer drill on salea month or so a go. The 24/18 volt equipment is no longer sold in Canada.

With HD being the only supplier of the Ridgid power tools in Canada, and less display space given to Ridgid products. Did I buy into a tool line I cannot add to. I like the cordless tools
    But I cannot buy them in the Ottawa area. Corded tools are limited. What gives?

Re: Email to Ridgid gone unanswered

Maybe you're emailing the wrong people. The decision on what to and what not to put out on display is made by Home Depot and not Ridgid.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Where else in Canada can you the power tools? HD is the sole source of the tools in Canada

Comment

For what this is worth in my area in the USA it seems like Home Depot is stocking less and less of the RIDGID brand of hand held and woodworking power tools. I think to be safe, we best do some serious research into what brands are available and the same with accessories. If this means buying another brand then so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by stuart_canada View Post
          Where else in Canada can you the power tools? HD is the sole source of the tools in Canada
          I have picked up ridgid HAND tools at my local plumbing wholesaler, as well as seen them on display at HD. As for power tools, HD is the only place I've seen them. Do you have a northern metallic sales where you live? The one here sells Milwaukee and I thought you could get those only at HD. Try stores that sell electrical equipment to contractors as well (gregg distributors, acklands grainger, etc.)
          -Good Luck!
          Mark

Comment

Originally posted by stuart_canada View Post
            I have been wondering why email send thru this website to Ridgid goes unanswered.
            I emailed asking why the selection of cordless tools in Home Depot Stores in Canada is getting smaller and smaller. I have been to at least 4 Stores in my area and found less and less stock on the shelves. There has not been any of the 18 volt sets on display. Where the displays of other brands of cordless tool and Ridgid tools were on the displaywall. Ridgid has lots its place, been replaced by another brand.
            There has been a real lack of slection in stock. Only cordless drill I can find is the auto shift model unless HD is having a sale. There was a 18 volt hammer drill on salea month or so a go. The 24/18 volt equipment is no longer sold in Canada.

With HD being the only supplier of the Ridgid power tools in Canada, and less display space given to Ridgid products. Did I buy into a tool line I cannot add to. I like the cordless tools
            But I cannot buy them in the Ottawa area. Corded tools are limited. What gives?
            Stuart, while I get what you're saying, the grammar and spelling are killing me, man!

FWIW, I'm down here in southwestern Ontario, and it's the same thing with HD store stock of Ridgid tools also. The MaxSelect line-up (18/24 volt) was clearanced out a year and a half ago or so. And yes, they need more stock of Ridgid stuff, but it's a distribution choice. The ones we need to push the issue with more is to Home Depot and TTI/OWT.

Comment

funky, as my HD has all kinds of ridged tools, from table saws to standup drill presses to almost anything they make. i would say its the store manager thats not wanting to sell as much. talk to them.

Comment

Your in the USA, I have seen the sales flyer at the HomeDepot USA and seen a pile of ridgid tools listed in it. I do not care about the sale price, I just want to be able to purchase some of the tools here in Canada when i need them without having to change to another line, another battery and charger system. If I wanted to stay with 2 or more battery systems I would of kept my Sears craftsman 18 volt and 19.2 volt sets but I wanted to get away from carrying everythign around twice. One battery system to fit all my entire tool line, maybe I am picky.
                I have asked at HD store in ottawa and they say they cannot order tools only can stock what they are given to stock by head office. I think Ridgid needs to push their sales people and marketing staff to make a btter deal for the buyers.The buyers are what gives the company a higher profit. No stock in the stores here in canada, means less sales to me, less money tot hem

Comment

Working...
                X