X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larger Pressure Washers

Does anyone have any experiences with the larger PSI (3800+) pressure washers? I have a 3000 and I would like a more powerful one to give more options in cleaning. I have looked at the Dewalt that Home Depot sells and the John Deere that Lowe's sells but I don't know of anyone who has used them. I would like to take a look at the Ridgid but they are not in the stores around here (Athens GA.)

I am a little ignorant about the varying differences in pressure washers. I read the postings religiously on this forum and I am sure that the CAT pumps are the way to go but that is about as much as I can get. I see that the Ridgid and the John Deere has a triplex plunger pump and the Dewalt does as well but it says CAT triplex plunger. All have the same Honda GX390 motor. Are these washers the same with a different name on them or are there fundamental differences?

I would appreciate any information that users of the various washers may have as well as any insight on the difference of these "commercial" (I know there are heavier duty washers but this fits the price range) grade washers.

Kevin

Re: Larger Pressure Washers

If you are really serious about wanting a true commercial pressure washer, then you need to keep away from home centers and the like. You'll want to find a dealer in your area that sells serious machines. You may want to take a look at this web site and give them a call regarding local dealers. Be sure to get one with a belt driven pump. They last longer and are much easier to repair when needed. (That is to remove the engine or the pump for an overhaul.)

http://www.landa.com/ShowDynamicProductSeries.aspx

This company builds many different types to check out. You might want a hot water high pressure model depending on your cleaning needs.

If cold works for you but you want some serious blast power one of these may be what you need.
    (The Beast) http://www.landa.com/showProductSeri...ries=35&type=2
    (Not quite as much but still no toy) http://www.landa.com/showProductSeri...ries=32&type=2
    Last edited by Woussko; 08-10-2009, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
      If you are really serious about wanting a true commercial pressure washer, then you need to keep away from home centers and the like. You'll want to find a dealer in your area that sells serious machines. You may want to take a look at this web site and give them a call regarding local dealers. Be sure to get one with a belt driven pump. They last longer and are much easier to repair when needed. (That is to remove the engine or the pump for an overhaul.)

http://www.landa.com/ShowDynamicProductSeries.aspx

This company builds many different types to check out. You might want a hot water high pressure model depending on your cleaning needs.

If cold works for you but you want some serious blast power one of these may be what you need.
      (The Beast) http://www.landa.com/showProductSeri...ries=35&type=2
      (Not quite as much but still no toy) http://www.landa.com/showProductSeri...ries=32&type=2
      We had a Landa at the environmental company I worked for. Great machine. Put the zero point nozzle on there and it will even rip that 1/8th inch thick 50 year old wallpaper off faster than an ice scraper! Its still there I'm pretty sure and it was fairly old when I worked there.

Comment

Marklar89

With the 0 degree jet blast nozzle I'm surprised it didn't blast holes all the way through the wall real fast. For blasting wall paper off, (Oh what a mess!) I would have used a 15 or 25 degree fan nozzle. Better yet a steamer and not a high pressure one either. What did you do to keep the floors from getting soaked and also keep from flooding the place?

Comment

It was a demo job. Everything was going, cinder blocks under the wallpaper too so we didn't have to worry about blasting holes in the walls. We used these washers mostly to remove lead paint after a chemical had been sprayed on it to strip it. Because it was a demo job we didn't have to worry about the entire building getting soaked with water. We just pressure washed, and used shovels to scrape up the paint chips, after squeezing out as much water as possible. You're right, the zero point nozzle will cut right through drywall like an olfa knife, so if you're trying to keep the substrate behind it the fan is the way to go! Just thought I would clarify that.

-Mark

Comment

Wow. The Landa looks like a great machine. It is, however, too much pressure washer for what I need. I am not planning on making a living out of this machine as I already have a thriving business separate from this. I would like a sub $1000 pressure washer that is more powerful than what I have. Thanks for the info. on that one though. If I ever need a truly commercial washer I may look into that brand.

Kevin

Comment

Yeah Landas are nice as are other brands, but are expensive unless you're making money with one. Most of the machines you're talking about use Honda engines and the same basic type of pump. Some people think CAT pumps are the bomb, but if that was the case why do most commercial units have pumps made by General, AR and other brands? For the price point ($1,000 or less) you probably won't find any super high power units unless you buy used on ebay, auction, rental stores, etc. Ridgid did make a nice unit in that power range with that awesome look/design with a really nice AR pump, but I don't know if they still offer it.

You say you'd like more cleaning options. Unless you're stripping paint, cleaning large areas of concrete and that sort of thing I'd think 3000psi would be sufficient as the detergents/bleach/degreasers do most of the work anyway. Later!

Comment

Thanks for the reply Shadow. Did Ridgid discontinue its high power model? I know that they are not in the stores nor is the 3300 on display. I would like to "kick the tires" on one somewhere but that may not be possible. Are the pumps on these models any different than the models that everyone seems to have a problem with? I have never had a problem with the pump on my current machine but I don't want to have one either, especially with a new one.

Some of the reasons that I want a more powerful washer is:

* I own a lot of houses that I rent out and I would like to use a surface cleaner to clean the sidewalks, driveways etc.

* Some of those hard to reach areas like the eaves of a house would be easier to clean with the right combination of a powerful washer and the appropriate tip.

* For what ever reason, some people like to paint brick. When I buy those houses the paint has to go. My current pressure washer struggles with that task some.

Anyway, that is a few reasons why I want a more powerful washer that doesn't knock too big of a hole into the bank account.

Thanks for the help.
                Kevin

Comment

They may have.... was at a local HD earlier today and there was no 3800 or 3300. Only the new 3000 and on down the line. The 3800 looked like a nice machine for the $$$. I have read about alot of issues about the 3300 units. It's a shame that so much thought was put into these machines and have a great look and features, but seems as though they weren't put through alot of testing. Just too many problems. Anyway, for the $1,000 and under range I'd suggest either buying a good used commercial unit or stick with the type you see with the 13HP Hondas and triplex type pumps. Later!

Comment

Working...
                  X