Favorite power tool/hand tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite power tool/hand tool

For all of you fellow tradespeople out there, do you have a favorite power or hand tool? It can be specific or general, going to be really interesting to see what people put up. Even your top two would be cool. For me it would have to be:
    Hand tool: Framing hammer, Wood chisel
    Power Tool: Reciprocating saw (preferably Milwaukee super sawzall, sorry Ridgid!) Or circular saw...

How about you guys and gals? Maybe some even have a least favorite power/hand tool too?
    -Mark

Re: Favorite power tool/hand tool

hand tool: pencil, tape measure, or 16 OZ claw hammer depending on how loosely you want to define tool

Power tool:
    No doubt about it. Cordless drill. I can't pick just one. 18V for heavy work and 12V for lighter duty.

Comment

I would not say my hammer is my favorite hand tool, however it is the most used.

HandTool: Contour Gauge

PowerTool: Impact Driver with a chuck adapter.

Comment

Mr favorite power tool to use as opposed to the most used would be my jigsaw. In the hand tool department it would be my digital caliper.
        ================================================== ====
        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Dental pic

cordless sds

Comment

As to what is my most used tool, that would be my KLEIN #2 Phillips screwdriver. I use it several times a day and have had to replace it now and then because of wearing out the tip.

Part of this post was removed.
            Last edited by Woussko; 08-11-2009, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Hand tool: My recliner

Power tool: The remote

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                Hand tool: My recliner

Power tool: The remote
                Nice choices

Comment

Favorite hand tool : 22 oz framing hammer with 18 1/2 inch handle
                  Power tool ; i like my impact and 18 gauge nail gun the same

Comment

Originally posted by Fuller The Carpenter View Post
                    Favorite hand tool : 22 oz framing hammer with 18 1/2 inch handle
                    Power tool ; i like my impact and 18 gauge nail gun the same
                    I like the impact too, loads of fun, but I find myself somewhat alergic to nailguns, I dont have very good luck with them I end up with a ton of nails where I don't want them/nailing the wall to the floor. Paslode impulses are nice but you have to push them down with all your might to get them to fire. What kind of hammer do you have? I have a 22 oz with a hickory sledge handle (18 1/2) with neon green and black hockey tape on it and a stiletto TBII 15 oz titanium framer that I got when I was framing with a company discount. Now that I plumb that hammer sits around a lot, too many people want to steal it. I got it for like 100$ off which was pretty well the only reason I bought it. I use my 20 oz estwing in plumbing to drive talon clips and stuff, and I have a 16 oz finishing hammer with a long handle, and a German latthammer that I bought at princess auto for like 6 bucks, its 23 oz and has a short handle and a pick on one side, while the other side is square milled face with a nail starter (both my framers have starters too) Great smashing tool!

Comment

my fav hand tools is my estwing hammer. they call it a weight forward hammer. I would never frame with another hammer. feels good in the hand and does the work for me. http://www.hallgate-timber.co.uk/ima...ard-hammer.jpg
                      fav power tool is my ridgid 14.4 impact driver. works better than mu 18 volt impact and is lighter I think.

Comment

I've tried the weight forward hammer. It's a really nice weight and hits hard and accurately, the only thing I don't like about it is using it to nail down mudsills/sill plates...kind of acts like a boomerang, but I find axe handles do the same thing too. Takes some getting used to. The siding guys around here are in LOVE with the 17 oz model or the 23 smooth face, apparently it works great sideways near your body.

Comment

Originally posted by Marklar89 View Post
                          I like the impact too, loads of fun, but I find myself somewhat alergic to nailguns, I dont have very good luck with them I end up with a ton of nails where I don't want them/nailing the wall to the floor. Paslode impulses are nice but you have to push them down with all your might to get them to fire. What kind of hammer do you have? I have a 22 oz with a hickory sledge handle (18 1/2) with neon green and black hockey tape on it and a stiletto TBII 15 oz titanium framer that I got when I was framing with a company discount. Now that I plumb that hammer sits around a lot, too many people want to steal it. I got it for like 100$ off which was pretty well the only reason I bought it. I use my 20 oz estwing in plumbing to drive talon clips and stuff, and I have a 16 oz finishing hammer with a long handle, and a German latthammer that I bought at princess auto for like 6 bucks, its 23 oz and has a short handle and a pick on one side, while the other side is square milled face with a nail starter (both my framers have starters too) Great smashing tool!
                          Yeah i'm not that crazy about the Paslode nail guns either. I've never used a stiletto mostly because i cant afford one . This is my framing hammer, it goes pretty good.

http://www.stanleytools.com/default....%2D+Axe+Handle

Comment

My favorite tools are my 8 year old Fluke T5-1000 meter, my RoboLaser, and my Micro Seasnake. I like high tech tools!
                            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by Fuller The Carpenter View Post
                              Yeah i'm not that crazy about the Paslode nail guns either. I've never used a stiletto mostly because i cant afford one . This is my framing hammer, it goes pretty good.

http://www.stanleytools.com/default....%2D+Axe+Handle
                              I've used one of these, they rock. Check out the hickory one like it with the overstrike plate, you will love that too.

Comment

Working...
                              X