X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bags for Ridgid WD12500 shop vac

Does anyone know where to find bags for the Ridgid WD12500 shop vac? I'm doing some drywall and other sanding work that creates fine dust so I need to catch it in a bag. I had bags for the two ShopVacs (Lowe's) that just died on me, but I bought this Ridgid as a replacement before noticing that bags were not readily available.

Thanks,
    Wally

Re: Bags for Ridgid WD12500 shop vac

Wally, I'm going to try to find the bags for you and will be back ASAP. One thing you really, really want besides the bags is a good Gore-Clean Stream super HEPA filter for your vac. Please click this link for info on them. By the way SEARS has many accessories that work with RIDGID shop vacs as many Craftsman models are very similar.

CleanStream super filter cartridges: http://www.cleanstream.com/products/...an_ridgid.html

You have to try one of these and also try rinsing it (reverse water flow) in a big sink or washtub to believe these great filters. I recommend paying the extra amount for the wet/dry one if you'll ever need to use the vac to suck up wet messes and can't quickly change the filter. For dry only, the other one does pretty well.

Bags for Ridgid from Ridgid - http://ridgidparts.com/accessories/vacfilters.phtml
    Call them at 1-800-474-3443 for customer service.

Remember that SEARS has much of this stuff in stock in their better stores, so if you have one nearby, go have a look. Home Depot is a big letdown for accessories and parts it seems.

Look for more info coming soon.
    Last edited by Woussko; 08-11-2009, 12:18 PM.

Comment

For fine plaster dust or cold ashes, you must use only the super yellow bags. The white, gray or blue bags don't trap it well and your filter will clog up quick. Also you'll have a nasty mess inside the drum. Only the super yellow bags trap really fine dust.

I think these SEARS/Craftsman bags should work for you. Please look over the picture carefully. I don't see where RIDGID even sells this quality of filter bags under their own name, which is too bad, but oh well.
      http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/p_101...=shop+vac+bags

If you can't find local stock, have SEARS order them and ship to your place directly. You would do well to pickup a copy of their "Tools Catalog" in the tool department if you can. It looks like a magazine and is full of goodies.

================================================== ================================================== ========

Question: Will you need to really use your vac for loads of drywall cleanup work? If you want a really great machine, I can link you to some Milwaukee vacs which aren't cheap, but once you have one and use it, there is no turning back to ShopVac, Ridgid or the like. These are serious industrial vacs for pros to work and work hard. You can get all kinds of cool accessories for them too, but be warned that quality does cost good $$$ but over time it's a very good investment.
      Last edited by Woussko; 08-11-2009, 12:32 PM.

Comment

RIDGID does not make any bags that fit the 12 gallon vac. The only vacs that use bags are the ones with the hose inlet in the drum. The 12 gallon inlet is on the lid.

Comment

Originally posted by whipp75 View Post
          RIDGID does not make any bags that fit the 12 gallon vac. The only vacs that use bags are the ones with the hose inlet in the drum. The 12 gallon inlet is on the lid.
          I wasn't sure where the inlet on that model is, but you're correct. The inlet does need to be on the side of the drum for sure. I only have had one model (9 gallon older one) of Ridgid shop vac and then after frustration never again.

The good filter should help, but drywall dust will plug up any filter.
          Last edited by Woussko; 08-11-2009, 06:22 PM.

Comment

If I am going to clean up fine dust like dry wall plaster dust. I put a piece of nylon mesh like from the foot from a pair of nylons over the filter, it helps collect the fine dust. Also see if the muffler they sell at HD fits your vac, it makes the machine a bit more quiet and stops dust from going out the exhaust port.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll head out to our Sears today. Ours is a pretty good sized one so maybe they can help.

For Woussko - I understand about getting a high end (Milwaukee) vac, but I'm on my last room so I hate to spring for it now. After we have recovered from the 3-year house-building blues we'll tackle the basement. I'll look into it then, especially if I decide to take on the entire drywall job.

Thanks,
              Wally

Comment

Working...
              X