X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuego one handed recip in cordless.

I'm looking to buy a cordless recip saw in a one handed model and am caught between the hackzall and this little guy. Does it come on its own without the drill and driver? If not I think it would go over really well on its own. Love the fact that it has an LED light, makes for good visibility in cabinets/crawlspaces. I would totally buy this if it was on its own but seeing as the big sawzall works most of the time I might wait till it does come out on its own before buying anything like it( if it happens). Gonna check the local HD, hopefully it'll be there soon!

Re: Fuego one handed recip in cordless.

If you want that saw by itself you'll have to get it from ebay.

Comment

Ouch, hoping I didn't have to go that way. Maybe I can find someone here who owns the combo and badger them into selling me their little sawzall....either that or tape a flashlight to the hackzall. I actually have a headlamp that works awesome for those kind of situations. Lots of LED power

Comment

Well you can always get the corded version which comes by itself, just not as conveneint as the cordless. One quirk about the LED I noticed on mine is that it's actually rather useless. Most manufacturers figured out that the led is most practical if it turns on before the tools actually start running so you can line up the blade with whatever you need to cut. On this saw the led comes on only when the blade is moving wich is kind of annoying since you need to keep it running if you need to illuminate the work area.

Comment

I saw a makita full size recip with a light that stayed on after it ran for like 15 seconds. I have a drill and impact that do the same thing. It is nice to just run it for a sec, have the light stay on, line up the blade and hack away. Ah well, guess it's mini hacksaw and headlamp time for the time being! Thanks a lot for the info, good to hear from someone who owns it before shelling out $$$.

Comment

Hey...I have one of those that I got from ebay. Seems to work quite well. The kit these are in come with the 1.5 amp compact lith battery (if I'm not mistaken). Mine came without a battery so I use my 2.5 amp NiCd batteries for it. I find with the heavier battery, the saw is a little off balance in that the weight is shifted more to the rear of the tool. If you are going to use lith batteries you might not notice it as much because they are a little lighter. Just something to think about.

Comment

I have the one handed recip saw and love it. I bought it for 199.00 with the radio and auto shift drill. Kept the saw and radio sold the auto shift for 125.00 with a battery and charger cuz I had plenty of batteries. The Hackzall costs 179.00 by itself. The saw works great with 3.0 ah lithiums.

Comment

Working...
              X