Opinion on Husky 2 Gal. Compressor Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on Husky 2 Gal. Compressor Kit

Just browsing through HD's weekly ads, and I noticed they have a 2 gal. compressor kit with a 2 in 1 brad nailer, some inflation accessories, and other random stuff going for $69.99? Does this seem like a good deal, or should I pass it up for something larger and better?

I'd put a link to it, but HD doesn't have a listing for this model on their website, it's on the last page of their weekly ad posting though.

Re: Opinion on Husky 2 Gal. Compressor Kit

i got a similar two tank two gallon compressor with a multi purpose nail gun from HD a while back under the husky label. turns out it was a rebranded campbell hausfeld unit. it won't do much more than upholstery or light trim work. two gals. is not a very large resevoir. it will power a finishing nail gun, but is sometimes problematical when driving fasteners near the pressure activation point of the compressor. it's better than nothing but it is a lightweight unit.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Re: Opinion on Husky 2 Gal. Compressor Kit

Still sounds like it will meet most of my current needs. Installing trim and maybe crown molding would be the largest projects I can think of tackling with it. My fiancee has mentioned to me that she wants to learn how to airbrush and I was thinking it would be nice to have a compressor that could fill up a separate reservoir tank that she could carry into the house. I'm not sure what kind of pressure is needed, or how much volume airbrushing typically takes, but it would be nice to get a compressor that would be useful in both applications. The tiny ones they usually have in art stores seem ridiculous for how much they cost and how much air they put out.

Comment

Working...
      X