X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2401 Trim Router

Ok so im in the market for a trim router, go to Home Depot to check them out
    I look at the laminate trimmer R2400 ( it was the only ridgid trim router they had). When i got home decided to do a little research and discoverd ridgid has a new model R2401 trim router which i like better. So i get on Home depot.com to compare and notice they only list the R2401 no R2400 anywhere on hd's web site,so i go back to the Home depot (not to far away)
    to see if i missed the R2401, nope they never heard of the R2401 just the R2400. Get home check HD web again they only list R2401

OK so

Home depot.com Only shows model R2401

Store only has model R2400

I order R2401 on line HD.com wait a week open package ITS A R2400 wtf

dose the R2401 even exist. How can i receive a item they say they dont sell
    sorry so long

Re: R2401 Trim Router

hmm, i just picked up the 2401 from HD today. it is a neat little tool. i guess try another HD.

Comment

Interesting!

I just looked on the product page and sure enough, there's both a new trim router and a new 2HP router combo kit.

Sometimes I get the idea that TTI doesn't let Ridgid (the web folks) know and these things just pop up unannounced. SURPRISE!!!

I was just in my local (Painted Post, NY) HD today and we certainly don't have them here yet. But that's not at all surprising as I've noticed that there's a least a year's lag time. Not sure if the regional people or the store manager, but until all the old inventory is gone at top price, new products simply do not get displayed. (Personally, I find that a bit unethical, but my complaints are ignored.)

In any case, it appears the new trim router now has LED lighting in the base, an actual latch-type lock mechanism and hopefully a much better depth adjustment. I just used my R2400 the other day, and I've got to tell you the lock mechanism and height adjust on that were simple and rather crude, not functioning their purposes very well.

I looked at the listed features and specs for the new 2HP, but I can't tell of any differences from that. Picture appears to be the same, but it's so small, it's hard to tell.

If you really want the new 2401 trim router, I'd return the 2400 and try another store.

CWS

Comment

If you go to Home Depot's web site look up R2401 and read customers reviews they are reviewing the R2400 LOL I smell something funny going on

Comment

You want the 2401. there made some great improvements.
          If my HD had the 2401 on the shlef I would probably buy it and trash my 2400. Well, not really. I would give ti to my brother or sell it.

The 2400 is OK, but the 2401 is better. The 2401 was announced over a year ago IIRC. It's hard to eblieve that they have not made it out to all the stores yet.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Looks nice. Pics of 2401 and 2400.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jaco View Post
              Looks nice. Pics of 2401 and 2400.
              2401 has a flat top making bit changes easier. Also has a better height adjustment and lock.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                2401 has a flat top making bit changes easier. Also has a better height adjustment and lock.
                And a single wrench collet.

I have the old one and like it, but wouldn't turn down a chance to get the new one.

Comment

this is washbear i cant log into my old account i need help there but anyway i got the 2401 and like it alot thanks Ridgid

now if i could get help with my old account that be great

Comment

Working...
                  X