Ridgid Shop Vac Faceoff.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Shop Vac Faceoff.

If you guys had the option of the stainless steel wd1956 or the smart cart wd7000 which one would you choose?
    Thanks

Re: Ridgid Shop Vac Faceoff.

I choose the WD1956 and it's awesome. Very quiet for such a large machine.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I would go for the WD1956 and also put a few bricks in the bottom of the drum. That way it's less likely to tip over if you give the hose a tug. You have a lower center of gravity that way. It will roll along real nice too. Just be sure to place them so they won't move around and try different placement while checking for tipping and how it rolls along.
      Last edited by Woussko; 08-17-2009, 07:38 PM.

Comment

that is a great idea about putting bricks in it to keep it from tipping. I have owned this vac for a couple years now and that has always been a peev with it. problem solved there.

my other thought in owning the stainless steel for about 2 1/2 years the tank has rusted out completly. I contacted Ridgid and they were great about getting me a new tank but now I worry about another tank rusting. I don't use it much and it spends most of its time out in the unheated garage.

But I was at hd the other day and they had the smart cart on clearence for $99. how could I pass that up. So now I got two of them and I barely need one. What should i do?

Comment

nothing else any one wants to add? wow

Comment

Working...
          X