Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who gets the UPC? Ridgid or Rebate Center?

Went to Home Depot yesterday and purchased the R964 18v Lith Combo kit.

I'm taking advantage of the Friends and Family Rebate. Free 18v MaxSelect Planer AND $50 cash back. Pretty sweet deal in my mind.

My question is:

The Rebate center wants the original UPC from the box and so does the Lifetime Service Agreement product registration. I don't want to miss out on the rebate by not submitting that because without the planer and cash back it's not such a great deal.

If I don't submit the UPC with product registration will I be denied coverage under the LSA? I'm pretty hard on tools and will need that for sure.

Any suggestions?

Re: Who gets the UPC? Ridgid or Rebate Center?

The rebate form for the planer/$50 rebate includes a place where you can sign up for the LSA at the same time. However, the friends and family "more you buy" rebate form does not. I have the same question about how I can take advantage of this other rebate and sign up for the LSA since both require receipts and UPC symbols.

Comment

In the past, IIRC, the LLSA has allowed for the fact that an existing rebate offer requires the UPC and they have waived the requirement for the LLSA.

BUT, to be safe, I'd give Customer Service a call and get their directions as to what you need to do. (This comes up so often, I would think TTI would address the issue before they put such rebates in place.)

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

I agree with calling and asking first. What is this friends and family thing? Is this a store promo going on now?

Comment

I called and talked to two CS tech like I said in the other post and they both said that you really dont need to send in the upc's for the LLSA. All they said was they need the receipt of purchase. If you look at your receipt it will show the upc's right before the price of each item you purchased. So officially Ridgid will be able to have the upc #'s.

Comment

I just spoke to a person from the phone # listed on the rebate form and they had this to say" a COPY of the original receipt is all you need to send other than the upc's" . Just for clarification you should call the number listed on the rebate form and push the button on your phone that they say to push for the promotion department.
            By the way Ryobi is handling the promotion on this from what I was told by Ridgid and Ryobi.

Comment

Anybody know anything about this friends and family thing? How do I get $50 off and a free planer?

Comment

Firefighter,

Here's the thread for the "Friends and Family" rebate discussion:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27230

There's supposed to be a Ridgid rebate form somewhere here on the website, but darn'd if I can find it (it's probably right in front of my nose). I looked under "promotions" and it's not there.

The rebate is for purchases of certain Ridgid and Ryobi (Ryobi has a seperate offer (www.ryobitools.com), that are made in August to Sep 2nd (as I recall). I do have a copy of the rebate form, if you need it. You can e-mail me if you wish.

Hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

I don't get the UPC.

I get the IPC.

J.C.

Comment

Friends and Family Deal

Only click here if you are a friend or family member

http://www.ridgid.com/FriendsAndFami...=friendsfamily

Comment

New to forum so hang with me! Bought a new MS 1290 Sun. Sent in a copy of the receipt and the original UPC Mon. to reg. the saw. Found out about Friends and Family rebate after joining this forum and had already sent paperwork in the mail .Called service tech who transferred me to promotions today (Fri.).I explained to the F&F promo person that I had sent in the required original UPC and did not have a copy of it but could send in a copy of the original receipt! Her response was, "that's all that's needed".I don't know if the UPC wasn't needed because I had already sent it in and could be traced or something or if it's, in reality, not ever needed! We'll find out if she's right and I'll post! Tom

Comment

Originally posted by firefighter5143 View Post
                        I agree with calling and asking first. What is this friends and family thing? Is this a store promo going on now?
                        Here's how it works:

I am your friend. You can buy me all the tools you wish and there will be no penalty.

Please start sending tools now. I will PM you an address. Start with the big tools and
                        work your way down to the hand tools. I'll take one of everything and two of everything
                        else, then I will have half as many tools as Rick.
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                        ---------
                        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                        ---------
                        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

It's been 5 weeks

No planer and no $50 back yet

I'm a little worried that I've been scammed

Comment

From what I understand the planer is on backorder.

Comment

Planer came yesterday. Pretty beefy tool.

Can't think of a single reason a plumber would need one of these

The $50 check was tucked inside the end flap of the box, almost missed it

Comment

Working...
                              X