X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R963 (X3)...any good?

Hey guys, I would like to buy the R963 18V combo at HD, but after doing a search, it appears that their have been some problems (e.g. batteries, chargers, work light, chuck wobbling) with this combo. Have these problems been corrected? I realize that I have 90 days and everything is covered by Ridgid's LSA, but I was wondering if I should wait until I hear some better reviews or look for something else...R964 (X2). If you have the R963 or past experience with these tools, I would really like to hear what you think. Thanks.

Re: R963 (X3)...any good?

I have the X3 combo kit and I love it. The circular saw and the impactor are great. I haven't used the hammer-drill much so I can't give an opinion on that. The recip's orbital action cuts well but it does chew up a battery. The flourescent light is handy, especially in an attic. I bought the X2 kit also and this one is much better. Overall, it is a great compliment to my other tools. I think that you will be pleased with the performance.

Kevin
    Last edited by Kev Dog; 08-19-2009, 09:22 AM.

Comment

I also own this kit and 2nd everything key said. the light is very handy and the led setup on the drill impactor and saw is great. I had the x2 set prior and i am very glad to have upgraded. My diehard makita fan is so impressed with these tools he is selling his lxt set to buy the ridgid.

Comment

I can't believe no one else has spoke up on this one. Also the kit I had prior had 2.5 ah nicad. The new 3.0 ah lithiums are awesome. I hated the nicads in my impactor because of the weight so I switched to the 1.5 ah lithium. They were nice but i would change them maybe twice a day building a deck. The 3.0 ah would go all day driving screws and they are so light.

Comment

Working...
        X