Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bandsaw blade recommendations

i would appreciate any recommendations for 133" blades for this bandsaw:

http://www.misgroupinc.com/partfiles/man_708750B.pdf

i am initially planning no resawing and will probably focus primarily on material 1" thick or less. circle cutting larger than 1' diameter and large tenons will be the current focus. thanks.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Re: bandsaw blade recommendations

Jet 710750B JWBS-18QT, 18 Inch 1-3/4HP Bandsaw with Quick Tension really is very similar to the old JWBS-18 model but with some good features like It has heavier trunnions that will eliminate table movement and has a larger, more powerful, 1 3/4 hp 115/230 volt TEFC motor and it has a 12 cutting capacity to make those resawing projects alot easier. If you are willing to purchase it then i would suggest you to go for Tool Orbit.comfor this...
    Last edited by biladam; 09-01-2009, 05:44 AM. Reason: Addition
    Look for saw blades for easy cutting and cordless tools helps for wood working and repair job in house.

Comment

Call Suffolk Machinery, Corp. Tell them what saw you have & what you want to do with it they will recommend a blade these are good blades.

http://www.timberwolf1.com/

Phone: (800) 234-7297

Comment

Another very excellent source for blades and knowledge is Louis Iturra at Iturra Design. He's a small operation and chances are very good that he will be the one to answer the phone at 1-866-883-8064. He is a little behind the times in that he still doesn't have a website but if you wanna talk bandsaws and blades he's absolutely full to the top in that department. His catalog is also one of the best you'll find around. Not only is it full of product, it also has many tutorials about bandsaws and accessories. It's worth giving him an order just to get his catalog, make sure to ask for one when you place an order. Did I mention it's 252 pages?
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

vll...the replacement blade is being sent to me this morning. purchased a timberwolf 1/2" 8tpi blade last week and, according to suffolk machinery, it appears to be defective. here is a video of the blade's oscillating motion. it can be seen fairly clearly when the blade passes through the table insert and when the blade travels over the top of the upper wheel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrxBP8YBKYM

bd..i have heard that name before and would like to contact hime. however, 1-866-883-8064 "is not in service at this time". is there another number or means of contact?

Comment

FINER9998, I got that number off of his 2008 catalog and wasn't aware he changed or eliminated the toll free number. I also have this number, 908-371-3998, but if he moved that one may not be good either.

I recently saw a thread about Iturra at another site and if I can find it I'll see if there is anything in it about a new phone number. I've bought blades from them in the past without a problem so I hope they're still around.

Comment

FINER9998

Sorry to hear & see your having a problem but it looks like your getting taken care of by the manufacture. I hope all turns out well. I've never had this problem it looks to me like the weld joint may not be straight at least from what I see in the video.

Comment

I saw this number for Iturra posted on another forum today, 1-888-722-7078.

Comment

i installed the replacement 1/2" 8 tpi timberwolf blade today and it makes a big difference. the blade tracks true with none of the "wobble" evident in the video i posted previously. i re-tensioned the drive belt and vibration is almost unnoticeable. nickel test is somewhat erratic, but the crosscut and rip cuts are dead on so far.

BD...i found a number for iturra on another site (904-371-3998) and finally contacted them. a catalogue is in the way. really nice people and apparently quite knowledgeable. anyone have any first hand experience with any of the blades they distribute?

Comment

FINER9998, I use Iturra's ¼" x .025" x 6TPI hook tooth Lenox Promaster I for general work and the ½" x .025" x 3TPI hook tooth Lenox Promaster I for resawing. Both were huge improvements over the stock blade that came with my BS. However, the next time I order blades I intend to switch the ½" blade over to one of Iturra's ½" x .022" x 3TPI Bladerunner Re-Saw Blades. You may want to use different sized blades for the work you do but overall these styles of blades have served me well for what I do. HTH

Comment

here is the new band saw blade. note the almost complete lack of lateral oscillating movement as the blade goes throught the throat plate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5n1eeSjd00

the elimination of the lateral oscillationg motion is especially evident if the new video is compard to the previous video and attention is paid to the segments where the blade travels over the top of the upper wheel. cause of the unwanted oscillating lateral motion: defective weld.

Comment

Working...
                      X