X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 volt charger L.E.D.'s flashing

HI, I just got a "reconditioned" 18 volt lithum compact drill today. put a battery on it and nothing, figured they may be shipped discharged but tried the other one and it worked,but seemed weak. So I read the booklet, connected the charger installed the discharged battery and the "LED" lights both flash back and forth. the instructions show that both L.E.Ds flashing means the battery is BAD. I then left it for a half hour or so and they just kept flashing. I installed the other battery and the L.E.D lights flashed all kinds of weird patterns, for a while then settled on flashing the L.E.D's back and forth again. Seems weird to me that both batteries would be shipped "bad" RIDGID says they are completly checked out.
    From what I see both lights should not flash if it's working right. there is really not much information. Does anyone know for sure how to know ? Or should I simply need to return it to CPO? thanks for any input.

Re: 18 volt charger L.E.D.'s flashing

I don't have the 18-volt Lithiums, but do have the NiCad and also a 12-volt lithium drill/driver.

Doesn't really matter though, as it appears that either your batteries or your charger are defective. There should have been a small amount of charge on the batteries and as you mention, it seems strange that both batteries are bad.

Bottom line is, who knows what the problems is. But seeing that it is a brand new purchase, I wouldn't mess with it... just take it back and get another. Tell the return desk about the problem, so they don't stick it back on the shelf for someone else to suffer with.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

I did that called C.Service they are sending whole new kit and having fed-ex pick up the other one here at the house. great service as long as this one works

Comment

In the mean time, try cleaning the contacts on your chanrger and the batteries - who knows, you might get llife into the batteries then.

Comment

Working...
        X