Router Table

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router Table

I just purchased the Ridgid Combo Router. Is there a table on the market that this router will easily attach to?

Re: Router Table

Just about any table out there will accept that router. Some of the tables come with predrilled plates and others have blank plates. The plates that are predrilled are usually drilled to accept many different brands of routers. Obviously the blank plates can be drilled out to accept whichever router the buyer plans on using.

Depending on who you're looking to purchase your table from, a call to the company's customer service line would quickly let you know either way if their table will accept the RIDGID router.
    Last edited by BadgerDave; 08-29-2009, 07:37 AM.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by scruffysteve View Post
      I just purchased the Ridgid Combo Router. Is there a table on the market that this router will easily attach to?
      I have the same router and use a Ryobi "Intermediate Router Table" model A25RT02. It has a large surface area and I'm quite happy with it. The router will bolt right up to the table but because I was using a very large bit for one project I needed to modify the mounting plate. Since I didn't want to ruin the plate for other work I called Ryobi and ordered another plate for 'normal' use. The price for the mounting plate was reasonible enough that I ordered a spare.

Comment

Scruffy,

I have a Rockler table top which I use with my Ridgid 2900 combo. They now list the Ridgid router with their mounting plate selections (Group A routers). Rockler offers several table-top combinations from a low-end laminate/MDF top to a more costly cast-iron top. Their value packages include the table top, fence assembly, and mounting plate (selectable to fit your particular router), starting at $199.

A couple of years ago, I bought a Rockler Melamine coated MDF table top package and built my own leg set from 2 x 4's. The table works well for me and I've since added a few of their accessories. They no longer offer that particular table (Melamine coated), but the new table selection is more durable with a much larger mounting plate.

Here's a picture of mine:

Here's a link to the Rockler site: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=21291

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Working...
        X