X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid TS3650 Table Saw -- Fence and Rail Problem

I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem with the fence and front rail on a TS3650. The problem is that the front of the fence will not seat into the front rail. It locks okay, but the front of the fence is much higher than the back and the bolt heads at the very front of the fence are actually above table level. I have included a photo.

As you can see, the curved part on the bottom of the front of the fence assembly appears to be a good half inch longer than it should be.

I've called Ridgid technical support and they asked me to send a photo. Haven't heard back from them.

Any advice or thoughts would be most appreciated.

Best,

Bob
    Attached Files

Re: Ridgid TS3650 Table Saw -- Fence and Rail Problem

It looks like the wrong rail to me.

I have the same saw and my rail has a different shape to it.

Comment

Hi Rofl,

Thanks for your reply. I just went and fished the rail box out of the recycling. It says it is for a TS2424, not a TS3650.

I bought it a couple of years ago and it has sit in my garage since then because I had so many other things to do. Put it together this weekend and discovered the problem.

I called Ridgid, but have not heard back from them. Anybody have any idea if they are going to give me a hard time about getting the right front rail. I saw the replacement one costs more than $150 plus shipping. Since HD isn't selling them anymore I am worried they will give me a hard time.

I feel like an idiot. I should have checked the rail box before I left the store but the guy just brought it out front. I figured it was the right stuff. Live and learn.

Thoughts.

Bob

Comment

i have a fence from a 2424. pm me if interested. as you now realize, you have a front rail from the 2412/2424 saws and a fence from a 3650/60. you either need to change the rail and keep the fence or keep the rail and change the fence.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Hey Guys,

Oddly enough I need to find a fence for a TS3612 and a blade guard. I purchased a TS3612 from a craigslist sale. Anyway any ideas? I looked at the blade gaurd assembly and they are very close. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Charles Abbott

Comment

I have both. PM me if interested.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Some good news. Called Ridgid customer service and they are sending me the correct fence for my TS3650. If anybody is in the market for a brand new, just-out-of-the-box fence rail system for a TS2424 drop me a line at bobhobbes@msn.com.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Best,

Bob

Comment

Working...
              X