X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 3300 psi 2.8 Subaru engine

Just purchased this from HD and started using it. May have slightly over filled. When washing is it normal for this machine to vibrate so much? When it idles its ok. Seems to work real well other then that. One bolt on the handle vibrated off. Also I found a little oil on the frame. May have come from the oil fill in front that I was not aware of. It was slightly loose. Is there any history of these leaking oil?
    Thx

Re: Ridgid 3300 psi 2.8 Subaru engine

"May have slightly overfilled"...... how much is slightly? Pressure washers will vibrate somewhat, just the nature of the beast, but it shouldn't be moving all over the place either. Later!

Comment

If I have it on the grass its still. But if I have it on the deck it moves. Instructions said add 18oz to it. So I did. Checked level. Seemed ok. Did smoke a little at first when I was putting some load on it. Ran it for about an hour off and on. Its not smoking any more. I purchsed a 20 oz bottle of 10-30 small engine oil so before I use it again this weekend I am going to change the oil and make sure its the right level. They may of had more then 2 oz in it. Also I didn't see any specs on cat pump oil maint. when its time. Anybody know how much oil that takes?
      Thx

Comment

I'd change the engine oil anyway after the first 4-5 hrs. to get rid of contaminants. And I surely wouldn't go by a spec amount, meaning fill it until it's full and not going by how much it is "supposed" to have in it.

That initial smoke was probably just the break-in period, rings seating, etc.

I don't have that CAT pump, but more than likely it'd need to be half full, right in the middle of the sight glass. That's probably the standard for most pumps to allow room for expansion. I'd recommend buying oil that is specific for that pump. Most people think oil is oil, but that's hardly the case.

I think most change the pump oil after the first 40-50 hrs. then every few hundred after that. I'd go by the color and texture of the engine and pump oil more than anything when in doubt. Later!

Comment

One of the rubber feet on mine was not touching the ground so I built up underneath the rubber foot with some washers. This helped to stabilze mine some. There is going to be some vibration. That's just the way it is..
          Home Depot sells CAT pump oil in 20oz bottles. I believe the pump is supposed to have about 8oz. in it, but as mentioned above, go by the red dot on the sight glass. I changed my pump oil at 5 hours which is also when I changed the engine oil. Plan on changing both again after about 10 hours, then just change them both once a year. Think I will use synthetic engine oil. I can't remember the first change interval that CAT recommends on the pump oil, but it is pretty long. After that they say change it every 500 hours. Like I said, I think I'll change mine every year when I change the engine oil.. You can find info about your pump on the CAT website.

Comment

Working...
          X