X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cordless Finish Nailer

I tried shooting one into a steel H-beam and it didn't go in at all! What a disappointment, returning it for a refund.

/psst: if you shoot long brad nails into thick walnut, you are going to ruin your striker, even in pneumatic guns.

Comment

Tried this out at the RoundUp. Wyatt helped me sort out how to load it (busy doing RoundUp Games events, didn't have time to look at the manual, and this one has a different loading mechanism to the clip compared to the pneumatic versions). Worked pretty good - it cycled fairly fast, and I was pretty impressed considering it is an electric nailer.

Anywho, with the current Power Tool Savings Event sale going on at Big Orange, I picked up one of these. Will crack it open this week, and put it through the ringer to see what I think.

Thanks again, Wyatt, for getting us a demo to tinker with. A lot of those toys were fun to play with! Now, if only this had the option to come with a 24 volt XLi.

Comment

Okay, so I've had the chance to put one through the ringer. I'm actually on my 2nd one in less than a week. Here's the review:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...423#post252423

Not too happy. This will be getting returned, and I will be keeping my fingers crossed that the next one/version is better. For the cordless convenience for me, I wish this was right, but it's not accurate/consistent enough for me.

Frustrating, because this puppy had/has potential.

Comment

Not true that you are going to ruin an 15ga DA, air nailer[they are not brads, the Bostich are 15ga brads], if it is designed properly. Never had anyone say that about a good 15ga nailer. The analogy to shooting into steel is not valid. The DA15ga nailers I have is a senco and de walt air guns , which do not have such issues. The senco is over 20 years old and has neded some o-rings over time but can shoot into hardwood all day long, granted, who uses 2 3/4" walnut, and you would not be shooting nails in that kind of expensive wood.
          On the issue of cordless, the ridgid seem very light in the build. I have a Hitachi FRH frame gun and a Pasload 16ga, both gas/battery and they are not as good in consistency or power as their air counterparts, both are built much sturdier than the Ridgid, which is nice in being lighter but at a cost it seems. . Personally, if you want power the DeWalt maybe the best in a cordless, but it is larger, heavy, bulky. The piston size has to be a factor in how much driving force occurs.
          I bought a Palmgren , shoulder carry,12v portable air compressor to use if i need cordless 15ga on rare occasions.

Comment

Working...
          X